I hate to do it to ya's But Bike Wont Start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pegleg

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I hate to do it to ya but I need some help and I have done a full search and got no answers.

Bike is a agb-29 with 125 Ducar with about 10 hours use.
Bike has heaps of spark. Checked plug.
Plenty of fuel getting through. And the fuel is new with no water in it.
Carby is spotless, just did a clean. and Bowl is filling with fuel.
Bike wont start, It pops every now and then but nothing.
I have also just fitted one of those Blue Race style CDI's.
Rode bike yesterday and it went well, tried to start it today and nothing but a sore foot as it still has heaps of compression.
Any ideas
And please guys, I don't want answers like just get a Lifan. lol That would be the obvious answer.:confused:

Cheers
Steve...

Try putting your stock CDI back in. Maybe your new CDI failed?

I thought that, but would I still have spark if it had failed?

not FLOODED is it!? sorry, but come on.. thats just a little bit<---> funny...

id try swapping the cdi back and starting it to eliminate all possible causes..

check all your igniton wiring thats can be sometimes be an annoying problem

not FLOODED is it!? sorry, but come on.. thats just a little bit<---> funny...

id try swapping the cdi back and starting it to eliminate all possible causes..

The problem is that I have hard wired the CDI, so it would mean undoing all the soldering I have done, The ducar has a diff plug to the Lifan so it wouldn't plug straight in, it needed to be hard wired. Bugger.......
and I have double checked the spark plug out of the bike, and there is plenty of spark there. so I was hoping for another solution before I did the CDI.

but if the cdi has failed it may be retarding the spark, ie. it might not not be firing at the rite time... You could always put a timing light on it to see if thats the case...

but if the cdi has failed it may be retarding the spark, ie. it might not not be firing at the rite time... You could always put a timing light on it to see if thats the case...

Thats what I meant when I mentioned the CDI. The timing may have been altered with the new CDI. If the old one still works then you'll know.

I'll be spuin if it is the new cdi, My son has been for about 3 rides on it with the new cdi. The original cdi has 2 different plugs that go into it, my problem now is that one of my boys have thrown the pugs out, so knowing what wires go where is hard enough, but attaching them will be even harder.. I might have to buy a new cdi, (single green plug type).

I got one of those blue CDI's and it only worked once, changed it back and have had no problems.

Yep, that was the problem. I got hold of a standard CDI with the green plug, wired it up and it started first kick.
cheers peoples

hEY PEGLEG IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE SHINE OFF IT DAVE WILL BE DEVO'D YOU'LL HAVE TO PAINT THAT ONE UP SHINY BLUE FOR HIM!!! LOL

hEY PEGLEG IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE SHINE OFF IT DAVE WILL BE DEVO'D YOU'LL HAVE TO PAINT THAT ONE UP SHINY BLUE FOR HIM!!! LOL

Yep he is still crying...lol, Thanks for the CDI, you should see the bruises on the bottom of my foot, Now I am limping on both legs...lol

the same thing happend to me with the standard cdi, the bike wouldnt start so i did the usual checks an found out i had no spark so i put on the blue hp cdi an the bike runs good
but what i dont get is if your blue cdi was still sparking shouldnt the bike have started even if the spark timming was a lil off?

Latest posts

Back