i have no idea were this goes......help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swishersweetzz

Reaction score
Helping Swishersweetzz

i was taking my motor apart to change my piston and rings when i pulled the head this rubber piece came out and i dnot know were it goes , i dont see a place for it to go so please tech masters help i live in the middel of no were and i dont have any one els to ask . thanks

pic number 1 = is the piece that fell out
pic number 2= is were the piece came from

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 26
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
its the cam chain guide, should have a little pin with a threaded outer (head) end that goes through a hole on the barrel (on the cam chain side) that holds it in place :)

is there a thread about replacing this part because i understand what your saying i just dont see exactly were it goes , this is the firs time i have ever torn down motor .

thanks for your reply's

possibly i'm not a regular here so dont know sorry. the gap the cam chain goes though on the barrel (pic 2) has a small threaded hole on the side, the rubber wheel you have sits inside there, the threaded pin goes through the hole and holds the wheel in place if that makes sense? :D

yeah that makes total since i got it all back together thanks to you thanks a bunch i could have not done it with out your help I really appreciated it usually when i ask for help no one ever replys to my post

no worries dude we all did our first tear down once! better to ask than end up with nuts and bolts left over!

I've always put a screw driver or equivalent in one of the cam sprocket holes through into one of the bolt holes on the cam and pry it forward until the centre of the cam sprocket pops onto the cam.

well i ran in to another problem how do i get the cam gear back into place it seams to come up a bit short when i have the chain on the gear

Undo the cam chain adjuster bolt on the bottom of the motor.

Will give you a bit more play to get it back on.

Good stuff.

Want to put a picture up of your bike for us? ;)

Oh and Welcome to Miniriders.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum :)

Ill upload better pic's when its day time and when my phone will let me this p.o.s turns off every time i take a picture my bike is a 2010 i'am guessing its a TaoTao or Apollo cause those are the two most popular brands sold at Chinese dealers around my side of the globe. I have mounted this light to my bike for night time riding it has five setting one witch is red if i dont want some one to see me as well .

I would also like to change the title of this thread to helping swishersweetzz ,if thats ok? because i keep running in to problems i have a check list of every thing i have done and still cant kick start my bike

Cheers

Attachments

• photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 10
  • photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 7
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 7
  • photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Also i took off my magneto and the piece i circled I think its the stater all the outer clear string type stuff came unwrapped from it also the copper coil has two copper wires that are broke im still getting spark but i'am wondering if that might be the problem why my bike wont start ?

Thank cheers

Attachments

• asgfsd.jpg
    asgfsd.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 5
the clear string stuff around the stator, should be an o'ring ?
there may be a couple of smaller ones on the back of the aluminium backing too, where the 2x mounting bolts go through.
most bearing shops, and some auto parts shops keep a few size o'rings in stock.

with the coils on the stator, one is for suppling 12v for the lighting/and also is used to charge the battery.
the other sends the power to the cdi, and gets amplified as it goes through the ignition coil.

if you are still getting a spark i guess they are ok?

the piece i circled is the piece that had clear string unwrapping from it, i dont think my cdi is getting proper power if i had a multy meter i would check it , i changed it to a new one and no luck on starting

ok,
so so now you have a choice.
buy a multimeter,
or replace all the electric components one by one until it starts again.

just got my new engine

Ok mates i just got a slightly used 110cc motor from a X19 dominator superpocket bike 2011 model my mate wrecked it and it had frame damage so he got another one and put the motor from the wrecked bike on his new one because he did not like shifting up .
i am going to start my build thread.

Need more help from the mini riders masters

OK instead of putting this in my build thread I decided to continue it here in this since I am in need of my fellow miniriders help .

So today I got a carby manifold that fits , I put the new manifold on then put fresh petrol in the tank and preceded to kick to over and it started in about three kicks but when i kicked it first my carby spit out some fuel and after 15 seconds dies so I put choke on it starts first kick with choke but after 30 to 40 seconds it starts smoking a little bit so i turned it off i think it is to rich and it only starts when chocked if i take choke off it dies but if i play with the choke as in turn it of and on it will die a little and then rev back up but if its running with choke it will smoke it also dies when i twist the throttle i this it dies when i twist the throttle because it is not warmed up . or could it be doing this because the carby is not tuned ?

Any ideas on what I could do to fix this would be appreciated :confused-smiley-014:confused-smiley-014:confused-smiley-014

OK I got my carby all tuned and it idles fine and there is no more black smoke .

My real problem is that my clutch wont engage the guy i got it from said it would as soon as its warmed up but it wont , before i got it he drained the oil and let it sit for a few weeks before i filled it back up , I was told the clutch plates might be stuck together from that accruing. I am a total nub with the clutch any ideas of what might be going on with it ?
The clutch push rod (i think thats what its called) did not have a pin in it and the plate with the screw in the middle was loose and not touching the rod , the rod that is behind the little plate with a screw is only slightly out and has no movement.

If you have any idea it would be much appreciated i am clueless on solving clutch problems

also if some one could post a picture of there clutch push rod and its compo-nits sop i can see how a proper clutch push rod and its surroundings look is suppose to look

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back