i need a lifan 140cc wiring diagram!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PITBIKE_MULLISHA

Reaction score
as stated
does any one have a diagram on hook engine wires,coil and cdi
any help would be great as my engine came with nothing
would a 125 set up be the same?

cheers
dave

engine-wire.jpg

that might help ya maybe dont no if it would be thew same

thrashtumpy is there one for a 110cc lifan ??

and for the 138??:)

This obnoxious Patrick Farsole mug seems to have a bit of an idea . He helped out a bewildered yank guy with some info ....... :)

Re: Need help with my 140 wiring

The white and yellow wires from the engine are not needed if the bike doesn't have battery charging , electric start , or lights . If they're not plugged into anything .......they should be taped up and sealed .....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking at the STOCK CDI unit tipped over with the ends facing to the top and bottom and the plug socket facing towards you at the bottom - the wires go like this :

Top left ----------- centre -----------Top right
RED/BLACK ------- BLACK/WHITE ---------GREEN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bottom left ---------- centre -----------bottom right
BLACK/YELLOW ---- centre is blank-------BLUE/WHITE

HARNESS PLUG RETAINING TAB IS RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM

One of the wires from the engine can be either BLACK/WHITE or GREEN/RED (as on Lifan 140's).

What you do is work backwards from your CDI unit with it plugged into the wiring harness ..... if the wires of the harness are different coloured to the engine - just note their position in the CDI input plug diagram shown above and make sure that each different coloured wire on your harness goes to the same coloured wire on your engine as the colour I've shown above .......ie if your top left wire is say PINK ..... make sure you plug the PINK wire into the RED/BLACK wire on your engine ....... IF your top centre wire is BLACK/WHITE but your engine only has GREEN/RED ....... then plug them in together etc etc etc . It's pretty hard to go wrong because on the 140's the GREEN/RED and GREEN (earth) have male plugs and the BLACK/RED and BLUE/WHITE have female plugs .

Need help with my 140 wiring - Planet Minis Forum

Hi,

my engine has the the CDI with the two plugs,4pin/2pin side by side.

Can you run the other type of CDi with the single plug ?

Pedro

2 pin plug seems like it is from the pick-up on the flywheel?

two wires only ,green/white+blue/yellow.

Any clues what does what?

Pedro

Latest posts

Back