I need help with my yx 140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makedonski

Reaction score
well, i just recently picked up a atomik nitrous and uh before i change the oil i want to know what you guys reckon is best. I need a non synthetic 4 stroke oil. Also i was wondering what you think of these yx engines. Also, do you think i should get dirt tyres, coz i got mud tyres ( think knobbys ), im more of a street rider so.........

well if you're a street rider you need slicks, and I'm sensing you're gonna get flamed soon for giving us a bad name hooning around the streets like a fuckwit

don't worry i aint a hoon. my bike isn't noisy :) thx for da tip

don't worry i aint a hoon. my bike isn't noisy :) thx for da tip

but is your bike reg?
if not you a COCKHEAD who ruins the name off mini bikes aust wide ,if they ban ppl from reg our zed50's ,iwill personaly hunt you down and kick your ass till your nose bleeds :D

never ever ride a bike on the road less you have reg and license for such

settle down on the poor bloke shit not like yous haven't done it once before, anyway if he gets cought there goes his bike, he could be doing minimotard?? bet yous didn't think of that.

use non-synthetic oil.

you boys need to come to wagga and see the shit i see every day of the week all times of the day and nite mini bikes racing around the streets some are kids under 12 its that bad the cops in town cars do not even try to pull them up any more the highway boys try i think just for fun.

theres 100 and 1 ways to out manouvere a cop in a car on a mini
not condoaning it but loosen up..there not going to ban z50j's and shit coz of people unreged and un licenced

its just common sense
they wernt vin'd on the terms that if any little shit head hits the road on a non regable pity that theyd be recalled

oil...either castrol 4t or motul mineral... yeah, no synthetics;)

tyres... dont use the ones that come on a yamoto(road registered) they have no grip when its wet, trust me...:p my knees still hurt

try a scooter shop, most scooters use either 10 or 12 inch rims....

thanks for the tips. your all good blokes nd iv decided to use the castrol 4t. anyways i dnt ride very often on road. very rarely, so im not trying to ruin the image of thumpys alright? i mostly ride on the tracks near the country so yer. dnt jump to conclusions

its been said many times on thr forums about shell rimula x diesel oil

i gave it a go and HIGHLY recommend it...ill use it forever now!

yx140's are awesome motors!

don^t use diesel oil...they have alot of cleaning agents and other stuff inside!!

use GN40 from honda...cheap and bulletproofed

ok, for once i agree... diesel oil?:eek: wtf?

remember a bike has a clutch and a gear box in it as well.... plain engine oil will kill it.

only exception being a harley or similar...

Penrite small 4 stroke engine 20w50 multigrade ... meets API SG/CF and JASO MA ... You can get it any Supercheap autos store ... Too many people run thinner grades such as 10w40 ... Then wonder why they smash the dog lugs off tranny gears etc ... The oil needs to be thick enough to provide a cushioning effect even when the engine gets filthy hot in summer heat ... In the past , I've ALWAYS ran my worked XR engine on Valvoline 20w50 with zero problems and the gears still look like new ... The tranny is a PK Racing 5 speed and the gears are only 7 mm wide ... so if anything was going to wear ... THEY would have ... Chinese gears aren't as diamond tough as the PK gears so they'd need to be treated with respect ... the Honda primary drive gear teeth are polished like chrome but are still in good condition ...

Penrite Oil

They talk about the JASO MA rating down the page in the below link ...

Motor Oil

what if i were to use the 30/70 we gotta run in our hiace van? now thats some thick shit:p

and no idea where the oil goes when you use thinner stuff...it doesnt leak, it doesnt blow smoke...just seems to vanish...very quickly...

i dunno...im more worried about those wet plate clutches with regular oil. always had slight problems with clutch slip after using standard engine oil... but that was an old bike... with 80 horses.

talking bout penrite, ever tried the 2stroke for aeroplanes they make? green slime... it does not mix. easily anyway. mainly cause the "easy mix" additives they use in say, lawnmower oil are basically kerosene...which is an abrasive... and at 10,000 feet, you dont want abrasives in your engine...

like i noticed the lil notice on my ngk box the other day...big cross over an aeroplane... ie, not for aero use...

Latest posts

Back