i want a speedo on my bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divy

Reaction score
what do i do?? i wanna put a speedo on my pitty does any one else have one??
are my only options a bicycle speedo?? and i know wireless doent work on pocket bikes but will the wireless work on pittys???

what do i do?? i wanna put a speedo on my pitty does any one else have one??
are my only options a bicycle speedo?? and i know wireless doent work on pocket bikes but will the wireless work on pittys???

I heard that bicycle ones come off because of the vibration. But Dabomb is the man to see if you want to know how to rig up a spedo, he may make diagrams if you ask nicley!

Bicycle speedo will work. Its just a matter of getting it set up correctly.( Not sure about wireless, never even knew they existed,lol)

Hey,

Ive noticed on sum bikes theres a cable coming from the gearbox, which can drive an electrical speedo. U can also use a bike speedo, just make it real tight on the wheel cause it may fall off.

i have seen both wireless and wired used on mini's. you need to make sure as dabomb said, the main unit is tight as tight cause you will get some serious vibration and knocks from jumps, bumps etc... only thing is making sure you have good clearance between your forks and the other area to fit the magnet. some ppl have fitted the magnet to the bolts holding the dic brake on. check your clearances first and then go from there.

Cheers, Tony.

dabomb do you have any more info on how to install that speedo that runs off the gearbox also what type of speedo can i run off it???

also bones are you sure that wireless works because on pb's the magneto interfers with it an you dont get correct reading

The wires are originate from the front sprocket cover which exit at the top of the cover and hang arround ontop of the engine where the carby is.

they usually have a green plug on the end of the wires and can be plugged into this speedo.

There used 2 be some on ebay but cant find them.

well one of my mates is running a crf50 and it seems to be okay so i guess it works. unless its going all haywire and he hasnt told me about it so yeah.

i fitted a bike speedo to a pocket bike once by grinding a section out of the rim and gluing the magnet in. never had a problem with it falling off.

Latest posts

Back