I want to bore my engine but...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Pitbikerider ... On page 1 you said your carb is a 28 mm and on page 4 it's 26 mm ? ...

Thump*140 has told you the BEST engine if you want bottom end torque plus decent power up top and still use your stock pipe etc (Lifan 150) ... A 155Z would be the way to go but I think they take a KLX type pipe ? ...

At any rate your Loncin "124" pipe will most likely be too skinny and restrictive for decent top end power on a bigger engine ... I've got a Loncin 120 (same motor ie 52.4 bore x 55.5 stroke... LOL) and it only has a 25 mm pipe ... They also have a restrictive intake manifold ...

A Lifan "138" BBK (in reality a 127 cc kit ie 54 mm bore) won't fit because the stud spacings are wider than the Loncins ...

An IRK is no good on your LC"124"engine because the clutch is on the crank and it'll probably fail after a short while ... A Lifan 150 ORK would be OK though ...

You could mod your existing engine with a high compression piston , race cam and springs , ported head and intake , cleaned up pipe ... That carb you have is good for all around power ... it's a PZ-26 ... They're used on 206 cc racing cart engines ...

Well i could use my stock pipe on the 155z. I would make me lose a bit of power, but i'd later on for sure change the pipe. Anyways, i'll either get one later or i'll try making a custom one at my trade school (big ass room with more than enough tools to make one)

And with the 155z the manifold/intake comes with the carb kit.

As for my carb, i though it was a 28 mm at first but realized no way its a 28mm and checked correctly, its a Jing Ke 26mm carb.

As for modifying my engine, it wouldn't be worth it. Thats why i'm just going to get an new one. But i won't be getting an IRK, the 155z comes with an outer rotor which is a better option imo.

Latest posts

Back