I want to bore my engine but...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my mate has a lifan 140 for sale if ur interisted it has just had a top an bottom end rebuild done by myself so i can vouch for the workmanship.... pm me if your interisted i think he wants 200 for it...

um... why would an IRK blow up a gearbox? IRK's are suicide bombers now?? since when??

Motovert, yes, an IRK improves performance, but not always advantageous in their alterations to the engines behaviour. An IRK will not make your motor more powerful, ie: you dont get a stock 6HP motor, put an IRK on it and wow bingo it makes 10HP. All an IRK does, is allow the motor to grab revs quicker, by reducing rotating inertia.

When used in conjunction with a lightened oil slinger, which assists in rebalancing the motor after the weight of the standard Rotor/flywheel is removed, it *should* address the issue of harmonic vibrations and balance within the motor.
What this means, is that unskilled riders with bad gear-shifting practices and poor maintenance programs, or complete lack thereof, blow up gearboxes, not IRK's..

my dhz 150 blew 4 irks so i gave them the flick for an ork was way better

um... why would an IRK blow up a gearbox? IRK's are suicide bombers now?? since when??

Motovert, yes, an IRK improves performance, but not always advantageous in their alterations to the engines behaviour. An IRK will not make your motor more powerful, ie: you dont get a stock 6HP motor, put an IRK on it and wow bingo it makes 10HP. All an IRK does, is allow the motor to grab revs quicker, by reducing rotating inertia.

When used in conjunction with a lightened oil slinger, which assists in rebalancing the motor after the weight of the standard Rotor/flywheel is removed, it *should* address the issue of harmonic vibrations and balance within the motor.
What this means, is that unskilled riders with bad gear-shifting practices and poor maintenance programs, or complete lack thereof, blow up gearboxes, not IRK's..
i know it won't make your bike have 4 hp more
and i spead 2 hours pepering my bike for a ride oil,air filter,wash,pump up tyres (if needed),chain clean then chain wax,spokes,start up bike and check if it works and if anything is rattering.
and have you seen me ride i don't think so and don't think that because that im a kid that i ride sh!t

Last edited:
Wow this is really gay... I'm looking at an engine on Pisterpro and shipping is free for items over 100$. So the shipping for the engine is free. But guess what!!! It isn't free for me. Probably because i live in Canada... Why the F would it be free shipping to New York but not to Montreal. Its probably like 300-400 Km's of difference only yet the price of shipping is 135$ more for me... I don't know but i find that quite ridiculous to charge me the damn shipping because i live in Canada. They probably make so much freaking money of these damn things that they can give free shipping all across US, but not 400 Km's up north to Montreal? Okay, that 400 Km's will cost them 135$ more?

Sorry i had to blow out some steam... Maybe i'm just overexagerating...
/rant.

i know it won't make your bike have 4 hp more
and i spead 2 hours pepering my bike for a ride oil,air filter,wash,pump up tyres (if needed),chin clean then chain wax,spokes,start up bike and check if it works and if anything is rattering.
and have you seen me ride i don't think so and don't think that because that im a kid that i ride sh!t

Motovert24 if you did the maintenance your bike NEEDS, instead of washing it and pumping up the tyres, it wouldnt be the POS that it is. You say it's well looked after, yet its always breaking down, needing new parts, wheels are collapsing, or daddy is having to throw more of his money at something you rooted. According to the exercise in futility that is your thread "Edumacating Motovert24", it's always in the shop being looked at, the mechanic supposedly told you it's well looked after, but at the same time, the gearbox is shagged and only going to last you another three rides.
The sum of your entire posting account in your thread, is you telling us all the parts your dad is going to buy you, how your uncle used to date chad reed, and asking repeatedly stupid questions that have already been answered.
Yep, sounds well maintained to me.

As for not having seen you ride, and thinking that because you're a kid you ride shit???
MV24, i think i can safely say, going by your posts, the fact you state yourself you come off in bike-wrecking fashion pretty much everytime you throw a leg over your ever-suffering bike, and from what people have said about your riding skills, that you couldnt ride a rollercoaster with any skill, let alone a dirt bike.... No one is bagging you for being a beginner rider... however try and tell me you the next Mike Alessi, and i will flame you like it's your birthday..
You were banned for not thinking before posting, clearly it had no effect.

Wow this is really gay... I'm looking at an engine on Pisterpro and shipping is free for items over 100$. So the shipping for the engine is free. But guess what!!! It isn't free for me. Probably because i live in Canada... Why the F would it be free shipping to New York but not to Montreal. Its probably like 300-400 Km's of difference only yet the price of shipping is 135$ more for me... I don't know but i find that quite ridiculous to charge me the damn shipping because i live in Canada. They probably make so much freaking money of these damn things that they can give free shipping all across US, but not 400 Km's up north to Montreal? Okay, that 400 Km's will cost them 135$ more?

Sorry i had to blow out some steam... Maybe i'm just overexagerating...
/rant.
PitbikeRider, being a Canuck, which is more or less just like being an Aussie that says "aboot" instead of "about", you should already know the answer to your question.

The answer is, quite simply, because it's America, F*** Yeah!!!
Smart, or logical, does therefore not enter the equation.
Here in OZ, we pay postage on pretty much everything...

Ah well im sure there is no shortage of places you can get a new motor from over there so I suggest you look elsewere.

my mate has a lifan 140 for sale if ur interisted it has just had a top an bottom end rebuild done by myself so i can vouch for the workmanship.... pm me if your interisted i think he wants 200 for it...

How much will the postage to Canada cost him? :p

Ah well im sure there is no shortage of places you can get a new motor from over there so I suggest you look elsewere.

How much will the postage to Canada cost him? :p

I'm not sure i understand what you mean by that... :S

I sent them an email, i'll see their reply. Depending on what they reply, i'll buy from someone else if needed. Somewhere it won't cost 135$.

I'm not sure i understand what you mean by that... :S

I sent them an email, i'll see their reply. Depending on what they reply, i'll buy from someone else if needed. Somewhere it won't cost 135$.

Thats what I mean. If your not happy with their prices there are many other sellers around that may give you a better price.

They have an amazing deal. Its 520$ US for the engine, outer rotor kit, shifter, quick start, oil cooler, 26 mm carb and some other small things. But 135$ of shipping? No thanks. Unless that i get it shipped to someone to the us and from there on get either go and pick it up of get it shipped from there i don't know.

The thing is, the engine i can get quite cheap, but the oil cooler will run me a sh*t load... Just the oil cooler kit is 130$... I found an other good deal that would run me at 564$ with shipping but the same pieces as Pitster Pro. Engine + oil cooler + carb + other things. The thing is the carb i don't trully need... But i don't think i could the that 564$ cheaper even if i don't want the carb.

I'll check my stuff but i'm decided, thats the engine i want!!!

dont bother w ith the oil coller, just jump the ports... canadas cold... usually

find thread... are oilcoolers really necessary? not that it has a conclusive ending :p

They're not necessary, but while puttin over 400$ into a new engine, might aswell add just a bit and have an oil cooler that will give me alot more power from the engine since it will keep it much cooler. The cold weather only starts in october to like april lol. After that the engine could run very hot :p

But i managed to get the shipping at 20$ from Pitster Pro :) So i'll be talking their deal.

... have an oil cooler that will give me alot more power from the engine since it will keep it much cooler. The cold weather only starts in october to like april lol. After that the engine could run very hot :p

WHAT..?? I live in freakn Portugal and I don't need a cooler ... its 4sure a bit warmer around here:p

is that so..??? mm...:rolleyes::rolleyes:...maybe I get one...and the muffler bearings too...and a racing CDI:p:p

Latest posts

Back