I was all excited to get home today

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
obviously you spend more money on a honda , its ment for a 7 year old . for instance a lxr or x4r is already set up for a 80 kilo rider and already has tons of power how is a honda ment to compete with that unless you spend a few grand on it ?

just saying you obviously have to spend more money on a jap than a china. and i just wanted to say a honda doesnt have this exhaust problem .

i just wanted to say a honda doesnt have this exhaust problem .

if the jetting was lean or it had an air leak then yes it would have this problem.so your point is

Last edited:
Reactions: pbk
yep im finding it hard to see how its brand related... its called engine tuning..engine upgrades require more tuning..
and some items will bring existing problems to life more

i turned my taky pipe white from heat on my honda cos was to lean from a dirty carbie and my old fmf used to glow red all the time cos i had a crappy gasket in it so hondas do it to

Pulled the carb to pieces and cleaned it all out with metho, as I was putting it all back together I found the cause of my problems.
The black (what looks and feels like nylon) between the manifold and carb doesn't even nearly fit!
I took it off and compared it to the face of the manifold end, the result was shocking to say the least, even if I drill out the bolt holes to 6.5mm for a bit of free play, atleast one side of the o-ring is always gonna be exposed. :|

I can probably get a new one out on the cnc router at work from a similar material.. Or just buy one from the same dodgy bloke I got the bike from and end up with the same problem more than likely

Your thoughts?

I'd say from what you have described it's the wrong one.... bin it.

Grab one off the DHZ website

i bet you sat in the shed and reved the christ out of it,air cooled motor is ment to be going forward,not on a stand....

umm not being smart ass, but you you have it the right way? like its not upside down is it?

ahaha I'm I service tech. I know, sometimes you have to ask stupid questions.

But yeah it's around the right way :laughing-smiley-002

Latest posts

Back