Idle problem very high rev with choke on

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beginnerMX

Reaction score
Hey guys, my bikes playing up i have no idea why, was running great after i serviced it and did valve clearances etc but this is the problem, with out choke on bike doesnt kick, With choke on it starts first kick BUT it idles very high close to redline then when i turn choke off bike just dies, iv played with mixture and idle screws still no go, bikes a Pitpro 150 lifan engine with a 26mm OKO carb. Thanks,

Edit, its on the rich side as its smoking a abit fuel needle notch is in the middle.

Hmmm i have had a similar problem but it was my pin in my carb i would suggest opening up your carby and making sure every things good maybe after that try playing around a bit with the idle and mixture let us know how you do if you get a chance take a pic of the carby open with the throttle pin. I hope this might help.

Westy

found the problem! the rubber adapter to the OKO carb has a split in it (must of pulled carb out to hard) would intake leak cause this? cheers. possible to get medal one?

found the problem! the rubber adapter to the OKO carb has a split in it (must of pulled carb out to hard) would intake leak cause this? cheers. possible to get medal one?

the rubber one is the only way to go i believe, the rubber is not the issue its being ruff with the manifold that is the issue

Latest posts

Back