idle speed....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

140_addict

Reaction score
I have looked around and found a few similar posts but none of them have a good answer to them....

I'm probably not correct on this... But i dont have a digi tach to see what the idle speed of my bike is.... when its warmed up it seems to run ok and idle just fine but im not sure if the idle speed is fast enough...

If I adjust the idle speed higher would it make an impact on performance ?

and I know this is hard to compare since one bike has a completely different motor....

but my cousin has the CRF 150R ( 2007 Model ) and his idle speed seems to be much much greater then mine... almost like he has a little bit of throttle turned, but he dosent...

my thought was.... while i was at the track as I downshifted into turns and grabbed the clutch the motor would drop to idle.... and well as i let the clutch out with some throttle i have to re-gain some lost revs into the turn... ( getting back from idle to powerband )

If i adjust the idle speed just a tad higher would it help me out of the turns by keeping the revs just a little bit higher? or should i just try and throw a little more twist on the throttle upon exit?

either way the motor dosent seem to wind up as fast as i would like... so i was thinking the idle could be a bit low, or i may need to upgrade like a mofo.... ( IRK, 26 oko, and so on...)

any thoughts?

- addict

idle speed is basically personal preference.. i set mine not much above its lowest possible speed..

you may just need to be more throttle happy and only use the clutch to down shift and up shift..dont hold it while coming up to a corner.. you should always be rolling in gear either on or off the throttle..

it also sounds you could do with a lifan outer rotor kit and a pwk/oko/pe 26mm carb upgrade..

also check out what sprockets you are running, they may not be suitable for track work.

idle speed is basically personal preference.. i set mine not much above its lowest possible speed..

you may just need to be more throttle happy and only use the clutch to down shift and up shift..dont hold it while coming up to a corner.. you should always be rolling in gear either on or off the throttle..

it also sounds you could do with a lifan outer rotor kit and a pwk/oko/pe 26mm carb upgrade..

also check out what sprockets you are running, they may not be suitable for track work.

wooooot hell yeah lets help me build a track thrasher :rockon:

*edit*

it may take me some time cause im bout to do the new tube tire + rimlock install and new plastics kit.... =)

Last edited:
Yeah, I like mine as low as it can go without dying...

My idle is low on my 110, but I can still ride around with no throttle at all... :action-smiley-035:

Yeah, I like mine as low as it can go without dying...

My idle is low on my 110, but I can still ride around with no throttle at all... :action-smiley-035:

sweet, i'll just have to get used to riding a track i guess and learn to corner better in mud and ruts =) practice is the only thing i can do atm =)

Latest posts

Back