idle too high after taking apart carby

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny93

Reaction score
sup lads bought an old dhz 125 off a mate for a few hundred and thought **** it il go over it all so it doesnt **** itself after a couple of rides.

long story short took carby off cleaned it out and put it back together but it idles heaps high, theres no idle screw on the carby only one screw on the other side off air filter so im guessing thats air/fuel mixture i got that 2 1/2 turns out. but im not sure about an idle screw i think it may be in the carby after you take the float bowl off.

anyway iv tried searching and cant find any videos or articles on my kind of carby only ones with air and fuel screws on the outside mine only has 1 screw on the outside of the carby, apart from bleed.

cheers lads any info would be greatly apreciated as i got the day off and bike is in peices in the garage

Pics of the carby would help, at a guess the carby is not seated properly and you have a air leak.. Best guess?

is it a china Mikuni carby?
is the screw you adjusted, level with the centre of the carby, where the slide runs up and down?
if so that is your idle speed screw.
the mixture screw could be underneath at the front of the carby

yeah i thought it was an air leak aswell i sprayed water around the manifold no change in idle tho ill grab some pics now give me 5 mins

yeah a pic of the carb would give more details..

are you sure your not mistaking a mixture screw for a screw that holds the bowl on?
it its a copy mikuni (or just a annoying one) there will be a idle screw on the right (if i remember correctly) and a mixture screw on a place you cant reach on the bike... the bottom

yeah just saw that bottom screw aye hahah cant believe i missed it -.-

i believe they are in the right, it was running ok before i took it all apart and i didnt take the float out. are there any markins on them to check?

also is there a base i can set the air/fuel screw to i read somewhere its 2 1/2 screws out?

^I'd start with 1 turn out. From memory anything over 2 to 2 n 1/2and you should be looking at different jets.

just chucked it all back together and its a bit better. the idle screw doesn't really make a huge difference in the idle but its alright i guess

idle is high as **** still, changed fuel mixture screw to 1 1/4 out and its smoking my garage out. im all out of ideas

in the pictures above, the choke is on.
the pin needs to be down when the choke is off

SLIDE? Is it the right way round? when you look into the carby is the gap under the slide very small or is it almost big enough to fit your finger through it?

think its all good now ill keep ****ing with it il get it right eventually. cheers for the help guys wasnt expecting this much feedback!

Latest posts

Back