Idleing problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenuineRider

Reaction score
hey
i got a problem with one of my bikes.
when i am to start it, it will start up warm up, and idle great, after about 30-60 mins of riding, it will rev off its head, i let it cool down for a good 10-20 mins, start it bak up and it idles nicely again, yet then again after a bit of a ride, it will start revving very hard again, i suspect it was something to do with the carby, but i have adjusted and cleaned it out yet no change,

anyone got any ideas?

once the bike is warm witch it probably is once it starts reving its head off, than adjust the idle screw. did you adjust the idle screw while it was cold didn't you? cause thats what would be causing it to do so, always adjust the idle screw once the bike has been warned up.

if it only happens when its hot, it could be a manifold gasket or o ring or even the plastic spacer failing under heat and causing a decent air leak. and on the rare occasion it could be that the engine is getting to hot for the amount of fuel it is getting.

and just to rule it out, you may as well check ya valve clearances....

hmmm might see if i can change my username to^^^^^^ i seem to say it alot...lol

you didn't put the carby on backwards did ya? :p

ha ha ha. funny:rolleyes:

i might have tryed tuning it when it wasnt warmed up a couple of times.

but i cant just turn the idle down when it is revving off its head, cause then next time i start it up, it wont idle at all, i can sit it there for 5-10 mins idleing and it will be all sweet, but then you go for bit of a ride, then it starts crying.

its probably running too lean mate, happens sometimes with my bikes.

have you checked the position of the throttle cable...its not getting pulled somewhere is it

yer i checked that, its all clear from being pulled.
i forgot to add that it started happening right after a big crash, will that give anymore ideas?

hmmm might see if i can change my username to^^^^^^ i seem to say it alot...lol

hahah I feel the same way :rolleyes: I put a link to the guide in my sig for a while but still had tell every n00b to do it, There's gotta be some way that before people post tech help questions a big screen can pop up and tell them to do the valves first

revving off it's head for no reason sounds like you might have damaged you carby in the crash, maybe the choke comes on by itself or something, have you got another carby to try

is it revving off it's head only at idle? when you ride is it like your twisting the throttle when you're not?

Last edited:
ok, i should have a carby round someone,ill put anew throttle, throttle cable and carby and see how i go, thanks guys

maybe air leaking in some where. sounds like a carby but when you said you crashed and then it started happening this confuzzeleleleled me. My bike had something similar but i just tuned the carb and worked a treat. Sadly i sold her a few weeks ago. Rebuilt her and let her go. Now i have 2 mini motos, yes haha mini motos. But they are beasts. one is modified to take a 140 engine. haha it barely is on 2 wheels and i barely stop ******** myself.

**SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE WITH SWEARING, DIDNT REALISE I WROTE IT***** woop woop

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back