Ignition Coil extra wire????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prox666

Reaction score
20131121_122021.jpg
I wana put this kitaco coil on my outher bike the kitaco coil only has the black plug and the green earth with the loop conector that bolts on.
But the one one the bike has the black and green plug on the coil and the green earth with the loop.
So wat do I do with the the green plug thers no where to plug it on the kitaco coil

Last edited:
run the green wire with the loop terminal under the coils' mounting bolt, so it contacts clean bare metal.
and the black w/yellow to the black w/yellow on the coil

run the green wire with the loop terminal under the coils' mounting bolt, so it contacts clean bare metal.
and the black w/yellow to the black w/yellow on the coil
sory I posted it twice

Last edited:
20131121_144728.jpg I no the geen loop bolts under the coil if u look in the photo the black coil it came off had a black and green plug on the coil and the green earth loop wire aswell.
The kitaco coil only has a black plug on the coil not a green plug to
So I plug in black bolt on the earth loop then theres the green plug left over wat do I do with it ?????

you dont need to do anything with it,
or you could put another ring terminal on it and put it on the coil mounting bolt as well.
i'm guessing that those 2x greens are joined together, back down in the loom.

Yep there both just earth wires just use the one with the ring terminal and leave the other one disconnected

They are joined down the loam il just put a loop and bolt it with the outher loop so its out the way.
I tried starting the bike and upluging the green plug on the coil and it staled and wouldent start when its disconected.
It must need to be earthed il try a ring and bolt it with the outher earth

yeah, that would have been with the black coil on it.

that one needs an earth.
the Kitaco coil earths to the frame through the metal tabs and the mounting bolts.

just tape the spare green back to the loom.

yeah, that would have been with the black coil on it.

that one needs an earth.
the Kitaco coil earths to the frame through the metal tabs and the mounting bolts.

just tape the spare green back to the loom.
Thanks now I see

Latest posts

Back