Ignition Coil wiring

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel10

Reaction score
could someone please tell me how an ignition coil is wired and grounded or even better show me a picture? thanks :)

some are grounded by the mounting bolt/bolts' the other style is grounded through the bikes' wiring.
here is a pic-
green wire to earth, (the mounting of the coil is also earthed when you do up the bolt)
black wire goes to the cdi + output

1coilpitbike.jpg

this coil is basically the same,
green earth wire to green terminal
coil + wire from cdi to the black terminal

1coilpitbike1.jpg

Will be a black and yellow wire on a china harness

DSC_0059.jpg

theres a green wireDSC_0059.jpg and then theres another yellow wire which im not sure where it goes and how is the coil grounded. thanks allot :)

-font-b-Ignition-b-font-Coil-Plug-150cc-200cc-250cc-Cr-Cb-Xr-Pit-Bike.jpg

So this coil pic is very much what you have, at either end there is the 2 metal sections(you have an earth wire attached to one) that section is what you will attach to your frame and you can also keep that earth wire attached also to the same terminal that will be attached to the frame, the single small terminal on one end of the coil is what the yellow and black wire attaches to, if you dont have a yellow and black wire that may be the yellow wire you are talking about.

so my green wire is the earth wire and i need to bolt that to the frame? and then they yellow wire goes to the small thin part? and what about the other big metal part

The big metal part?? is that the metal piece that is bolted on where the earth wire is also bolted on. can you easily get anymore pics from the other ends

DSC_0060.jpg

it was just cable tied to the bike so im not sure. is the green wire with the bolt ground? and is that bolt supposed to touch the frame?

yeah i just realised it was cable tied so that metal part touches the frame thanks allot. what about the yellow wire? does that go on the thin part?

well if you dont have a black wire with a yellow stripe then attach the yellow wire to the small terminal and hopefully you get spark, any chance of getting a pic of what wires you have left in the harness that are unhooked

it looks like that metal part has broken off the frame mate

theres 2 wires with a plastic thing at the end but the bike got spark with out them being used so yeah. what about the other end of the coil does that need to have anything attached to it?

nah i dont think its broken off the frame cause the coil was cable tied to the frame

if you have spark mate then the coil is fine and doesnt need anything else done, the other end is fine on my bike it isnt attached to anything as long as one is attached to the frame(earthed) your laughing, the other 2 wires may be for lighting or if it had electric start these attach to the rectifier to send a charge back to the battery. just make sure they are taped up as they are positive and dont want them arcing onto the frame.

allright thanks allot for the help appreciate it. nah its kick start but not sure what there for haha, yeah ive tapped them up

All good bud, if it is kickstart then they are for lights, like you can get the road registered pit bikes they need headlights and these wires are for that and you dont need them so yeah tape them up and forget them, happy to help mate, have a good one.

Thanks for such an informative post, along with pictures simple to understand even for a novice who dose not know much about the technical terms and languages.

Latest posts

Back