im having trouble with my kickstart....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can i tell my bikes at TDC?
You have to feel it with your foot on the kick start lever. Hold the kill switch in firmly then play around without risk. When *just* past TDC, then kick firm and fast. Also learn how much choke and throttle your carb needs. My OKO26 needs choke when cold, and with the throttle I get much better results with a throttle roll-on from shut to 1/4 open as I I kick.

If the engine is stone cold, it's a good habit to kick over a couple of times with the kill switch pressed in just to prime up the oil pump.

maby some 1 should post a video it on TDC explains it better than words

its extremely simple, you cant really show it in a video, all it would look like was someone kickstarting a bike.

push down on the kickstart lever until it gets to a point where its really hard to push any further = TDC.

does any 1 know y i would start to get kick back? i have allways kicked my bike over the same and just now i get a lil kick back? also now my bike wont start and some times it is so damn hard to kick ir over lateley... like not tdc hard it is way harder then that i was thinking mabey i am missing a tooth on the kick start mehcanism and its jaming up? thanx

Latest posts

Back