inner roter kits

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers mate, your posts are always an asset.
in the future i'll still run both or none from past experience.

Another thing to look out for with IRK's is the consistency of ignition timing. The ignition pickup gives you a bit less than 10deg of adjustment. I bought a rotor kit that could only be adjusted between 0deg and about 10deg. Engine barely even ran. A friends rotor kit had between 30 and 40deg and was pinging its brains out. I don't know which component of the system is to blame, but be careful because they're pretty crappy. I had to make a new backplate with the holes rotated around to get the timing anywhere near correct.

I run an IRK and a light slinger with 12:1 comp in my motor, with about 25deg timing. It constantly stalls. Starting to piss me off actually. Fake keihin carb doesn't help either, the idle is very erratic. I like the look of the daytona ignitions. Nice mid-size flywheel and an adjustable backplate. Might have to get me one of those :)

Yes I pointed out the timing and detonation view as well ....... people just bolt the things on and run them WITHOUT checking where the hell they're firing at .... and since they're analogue ... they set the initial advance too high to get the things to run good up high .... meaning they'll detonate at low revs under load ... (kick back is proof that the initial timing is too advanced) ....

DHZ has the Lifan 150 ignitions ... but in your case you'd be better off with a full digitally programmable set up to compliment all the good work you've done on your engine ..... I think those POSH semi digital CDI boxes might work with the Lifan outer rotor .......

NEW OUTER ROTOR KIT PERFORMANCE CDI UNIT WIRING KIT - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Aug-08 14:22:44 AEST)

Another thing to look out for with IRK's is the consistency of ignition timing. The ignition pickup gives you a bit less than 10deg of adjustment. I bought a rotor kit that could only be adjusted between 0deg and about 10deg. Engine barely even ran. A friends rotor kit had between 30 and 40deg and was pinging its brains out. I don't know which component of the system is to blame, but be careful because they're pretty crappy. I had to make a new backplate with the holes rotated around to get the timing anywhere near correct.

IF you take a good look at the configuration of the IRK's pickup ...... you'll notice that they're offset from the middle in between the 2 attachment screws (clockwise to the right) with the white wire entering from the right side ....

Sometimes during assembly the pickup can be put on flipped over so that the white wire enters from the LEFT ..... that would cause the timing to be retarded in comparison .......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back