Inner Rotor & Oil Slinger Installation

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good stuff snitchy, you will find doing the forks pretty simple stuff

if you ever decide to change your clutch springs can you give me some pointers cause ive been holding it off cause i dont want to do it blind
the only part of an engine im not familiar with is the clucth

cheers keep up the good work and your doing a great job as a mod you seem to be the only mod that wants to clean up this site

great video snitchy!!! this might sound like a stupid question and it probly is! but u dont have to drain the oil b4 u take the side cover off the fly wheel do u? im 99% sure therees no oil in there but best to be safe. and also whats a good brand for an IRK, lightened fly wheel, CDI, and lightened oil slinger? and how much do they cost? and where can i get them?

thanks, andrew

the flywheel is part of the irk
he means whenn u put the lightened oil sling in

great video snitchy!!! this might sound like a stupid question and it probably is! but u don't have to drain the oil b4 u take the side cover off the fly wheel do u? I'm 99% sure Therese no oil in there but best to be safe. and also whats a good brand for an IRK, lightened fly wheel, CDI, and lightened oil slinger? and how much do they cost? and where can i get them?

thanks, Andrew

mate there's no such thing as a stupid question

it's either way mate u can drain the oil to make it less likely to spill and get ya parents pissed

or u can do it with the oil in

the IRK are all about the same there all just copy's unless ya wanna spend big bucks and go the genuine

as for doing the inner rotor part i left oil in
when i did the slinger i drained the oil (but i needed a change anyways)

as for the cdi it comes with the I/R

flee-bay has em all the time but don't forget to either get the slinger with the inner rotor or buy it separate but u have to install that to balance the crank

cheers for the feed back on the modding we are all trying just a couple of the guys wanna let me run a bit so i get used to it and ppl get used to me

cheers

Last edited:
ok great thanks snitchy. another question can i get better rebound out of my forks, iv got the rebound turned right up on the nob in top.

thanks

mittz im not the guy for ya on that 1

im a fork fool lol,i got no idea even tho im gunna do a oil change and make a vid of it

so i practise on zacs bike and then do mine for the vid hehehe

that ways if i stuff up its his bike and not mine hehehe
CHEERS

Hey snitchy changine the oil is easy once the forks are off the bike.

I took apart some chingas it's heaps easy, like 3 bolts to change the oil.

sid i can get the forks out np but from there im a lil lost

im doing a search here to find a thread on it

What I did was take out that alan key bolt that's underneath the forks, then I undone a bolt ontop of the fork, and theres anotherone anderneath that. If you undo that bolt the spring will come out but I dont think you even need to undo that one.

Just a couple of notes, i have used a 3 arm puller to remove the fly wheel just need to wind it up and then give the puller bolt a wack with a hammer and the fly wheel pops off. Also another option is a steering wheel puller (i think $15-20 from supercheap) I have never had a problem with one (used the TFT brand). Not trying to detrack from your tutorial (which is great btw) just trying to help those who dont have access to the 'proper' tools

Last edited:
i have used a 3 arm puller to remove the fly wheel just need to wind it up and then give the puller bolt a wack with a hammer and the fly wheel pops off. . Not trying to detrack from your tutorial (which is great btw) just trying to help those who dont have access to the 'proper' tools

thank you custom yes can be done but i have seen than if ppl dont put the crank nut on the end of the crank b4 trying to pull it of with 1 of those ,they can spread the end of the crank and thus make ithard to get the crank bolt back on

thus the reason i suggested to get the correct tool

but thanks for your imput also as im sure it works as well ,just a lil more risky

i just sat a screwdriver under my flywheel and tapped the flywheel with a nylon mallet and it popped off

hey guys, one thing i was thinking about with the irk install, when i installed mine i used a timing light and a permenant marker, then when i put the new irk on the timing would be the same, as with the irk the ignition timing is adjustable.
anyone played about running more or less timing? surely you just cant bang it on anywhere??
Im talking about the peice on the right hand side of the rotor, has slots in it so it is able to be moved, or am i mistaken?

yes i had a few probs with mine was missfireing and playing up so i moved the adjustment all over the place did nothing

hehehee so i pulled it out threw it in the bin and got me a new 1 ,tho it aint in yet im sooo freakin lazy when it comes to my bike

ill be tuning alot when my bikes back on the track
i wanna get the timing perfect

yes i had a few probs with mine was missfireing and playing up so i moved the adjustment all over the place did nothing

hehehee so i pulled it out threw it in the bin and got me a new 1 ,tho it aint in yet im sooo freakin lazy when it comes to my bike

i know somebody he coulda used that and has the smarts to fix it......custom :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back