Input on ride day, hiring track + camping

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach88

Reaction score
I need some input on if you guys think this is worthwhile and if we will get enough people!

I can hire out the Frankston MX track either April 12th or 19th, this is on a tuesday but it's during school holidays. Doing this gives us access to the big bike track. Normally we can only ride the big bike track wednesdays 12pm-1pm or saturdays 10am-11am.

Doing this means we choose who comes in and who doesn't. So it will pretty much only be pitbikes unless we agree others wise to have a few mates on big bikes come in.

We can ride anywhere we want and they seem to let you go a little crazy when they hire the track out. No alcohol and riding.. but you have free range on the whole joint lol.

The cost upfront isn't an issue for me to cover. But I'm thinking $10 per rider if we can get at least 50 riders or $15 if we expect less(It's normally $30 for the pittie track only). Whatever the turn out it won't be something we will end up profiting off(But if we do it goes towards slabs).

I'm trying to make them let us come late monday and camp the night and then ride all day tuesday(means there will be no riding monday, piss up comes first).

I know it's a bit weird being a Monday-Tuesday thing but it is during school holidays and kids are more then welcome! Spectators will have to pay to just come in as well but if at anytime they feel like riding someones bike they can.

So do you think if this went ahead you would come? Hoping doing the camping thing might pull a few interstate people.

school holidays works for the kids and people like yourself lol but a lot of adults ride too... just a thought..

thats what sickies are for! Im chucking one on friday to go riding.

school holidays works for the kids and people like yourself lol but a lot of adults ride too... just a thought..

I have a job now :p

Are you saying you think adults will or won't come? I was hoping being school holidays that maybe parents would come too or if we do the 19th it's the week before easter so maybe people will choose to take time off as like a break with all the long weekend and stuff?

im saying that adults that ride but have to work wont be able to go..
and it would be nice to see the younger riders parents there..

I will be working but a sickie for 2 days should be alright ;) And I should be able to bring atleast 2 other mates maybe more.

yeah thinking if we go there late monday people would only need tuesday off. i could see if they'd give it to us on a mon or fri so its just like having a long weekend lol

They groom the track mondays so imagine how good it would be tuesday lol.

But yeah gotta wait until saturday to ask them about fridays

sorry i didnt read the first post clearly..... ( edit ) it sounds like a plan!!! i might go.... and i might bring some other members from miniriders along with me :) if they wanna come!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back