Installing A Speedometer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitchAustralia

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wondering if it is possible to install a speedometer into a pit bike.
I have a PitPro 140 XR by the way.
All I want is something shows the speed and maybe the RPM.
Im doubting it is possible though.
Anyone got answers?

Thanks, Mitch.

what about a pushy speedo.
the ones u get and set up for the wheel diameter,prolly wouldnt be 100% accurate but might give u and indication of how far over the cops book you....if u stop lol jk.
not sure about the rpms though.

im saying that u could use one of the push bike ones as u set them to yr wheel diameter.
work the same on a 10 inch or 21 inch i would imagine

you could have a look at the trail tech vapor things on ebay, i have been told that they are ok. just make sure that it will fit.

supposably the charge from the motor interacts with pushy speedos and makes it say your going heaps faster than you actually are

i guess if you had the wires of the speedo close to the CDI or the ignition system then that could cause some interfearence. I dunno.. I rarely looked at the speedo.. was more there for afterthought and to see aprox how many total K were covered .

there would be something available, the Z50 used a worm gear on the hub and is cable operated.. if being slightly inaccurate bothered you that much, im sure you could have a similar adaptor made for some serious $.. not worth doing IMO..

that speedo was on an atomik 125.. long gone..
yeh I put it on..

Currently have a PP110, z50 w/125, xr250 roller.

dunno if id be to keen on riding a monkey on the road.. full size bikes are in enough accidents..

got 12 inch rims? why not contact motovert and get the speedo unit off of an rx50/125? all youd have to do is mount a magnet to the hub

Latest posts

Back