installing new head gasket

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubsy

Reaction score
need some help, have installed an akunar cam and springs, got an aluminium or copper gasket can't remember but do I still leave the o ring between the gasket and head?? Thanks

what thickness gasket is it? sometimes the oring can obstruct a perfect seal... maybe replace with a thinner one...

but id just use a spray sealant like hylomar on the head gasket and clean both the head and barrel surfaces with thinners... dont take your time assembling it tho... hylomar dries fairly quick...

Pretty sure its the. 5mm. Sits very proud around the o ring. Don't wanna bigger the o ring or the gasket. Was OK with the standard gasket

Can I take the o ring out altogether??

Right mate. Is that stuff same as bearing blue / gas it sealant? Only ask as I live in a country town. No supercheap etc

righto thanks for the help. Also ive put the cam and rockers in etc but i didnt have the motor tdc before i started. can i crank the motor to tdc then install the cam sprocket and go from then?

I prefer Loctite / Permatex 518 for that job. With either when you install don't torque the head down fully, start out with just enough to get everything seated squarely and let it sit overnight. If you torque it down too soon you can drive the sealant out resulting in misting or leaks.

Hey kurlon, is that without using the head gasket??

righto everyone stop worrying ive sorted it haha. installed the copper gasket and it was blowing out where the oring was. took out the oring and tried again. a loud tapping noise could be heard. installed a second gasket and all is good. started second kick. let it run for about 20 mins to bed in. seems to idle better now and i dont seem to have the dramas wit the throttle i was. very happy chappy and really not that hard!

As per the size and type of engine your vehicle has, you neet to have that kind of tools for removing head gasket.

I just had my akunar midrange cam and HD valve springs installation finished the other day , I will be goin to my uncles in the next few days to see if it was all worth it , Mick (uncles motorbike mechanic) sead to me on the phone yesterday that I will be very happy with the new power :D , its in lifan 150 motovert rx road legal

Yeah I just picked up a 150cc lifan I'm thinking of throwing my head and cam etc on that

Thanx for such a informative post and you even made sure by telling how to or how not to remove the part so that there is no lasting damage to the vehicle, as its good for a novice to know all the basic nuances while playing with the vehicle on his own.

Hey stubsy, i got an akunar cam and HD springs in the mail, was there a decent noticable improvement in the power or engine performance and was it stage 1,2 or3 cam, was that in a lifan 150 mate?

Hey really good way of getting the problem fixed without much of pondering over it, and does helping people to understand and making them capable of solving some issues on themselves.

Hey rotn50 yeah mate was definately noticeable. Pulls alot better. I got the a2 which was midrange. Is it for your 155? Will rip mate

Latest posts

Back