Instillation of stroker kits?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unit_mx

Reaction score
I've found a complete bottom end of a crf50 with a bent crankshaft , The question is im looking at buying this bottom end and buying a Trail bikes stroker kit ( 108 or 117cc kit) for it and was wondering the costs for the instillation of such a kit. Considering the cases will require machining to accomidate the larger crank and the instillation of the crank will require the bottom end cases to be split. Does any one know the hours involved in splitting the cases and installing a crank and also the costs of having the cases machined approx?
I Can get a full TB stroker kit for around $600 to my door , which is very cheap but depending on instillation costs of a stroker kit will decide whether or not I go ahead with this project?

Cheers

my crf 50 casers cost $80 to get mechine for my 119 kit

to split the casers it takes bout 1hour

to rebuild about 3 hours

thanks mate , hmmm Im thinking of sticking with a stock crank and mybe a tb 88 superhead. Its a lot cheaper at $333 + 35 postage .
Is a stroker kit worth the $300 more???

hell yer it worth it.. 30cc ish in such a small motor is priceless it will have alot more power and wif a superhead it will hook along endless fun to be had

Hmmm at this stage im a bit frieghtend about all the work in doing a stroker.

Im looking at getting a crf70 motor , how does the stock 70 compare to the crf50 motors will an 88 s stage kit with like a 20mm carb.

Can anyone recomend the best mods for a 70?
I as thinking along the lines of a simple roundslide carb like a VM-22 with a decent uni filter. Ported and polished manifold , ported head. I've already bought a trail bikes rev box. Or should I just get an R- stage head kit for it.
Im going to start racing soon and am looking at my possibilities.

Also what pipe would be better suited to the 70? A 28mm or 32mm header?
I was looking at a BBR 28mm ceramic or a Fmf powercore 2 28mm system

if you go that way i might be keen for the 50 engine
also you never sent me photos of the busted 125 engine???

what machining required

my crf 50 casers cost $80 to get mechine for my 119 kit

to split the casers it takes bout 1hour

to rebuild about 3 hours

I dont understand what machining is required I just ordered a strocker for my crf 50 and they told me it would bolt right up as long as I have the trailtech 88cc bbk with the race head and domed piston is there something I need to know?

narr u wont if they said it all right

it jst because my 119cc kit needed to go out to 56.6mm to accept the barrle and yours must not need to come out that far

Last edited:
Hmmm at this stage im a bit frieghtend about all the work in doing a stroker.

Im looking at getting a crf70 motor , how does the stock 70 compare to the crf50 motors will an 88 s stage kit with like a 20mm carb.

Can anyone recomend the best mods for a 70?
I as thinking along the lines of a simple roundslide carb like a VM-22 with a decent uni filter. Ported and polished manifold , ported head. I've already bought a trail bikes rev box. Or should I just get an R- stage head kit for it.
Im going to start racing soon and am looking at my possibilities.

Also what pipe would be better suited to the 70? A 28mm or 32mm header?
I was looking at a BBR 28mm ceramic or a Fmf powercore 2 28mm system

The 70cc bottom ends are the same as the 50's, so the engine will perform the same. I have a TB.com 51mm crank in one of my motors (108cc) and its heaps better than the 88 kits. You only need to machine cases if you go bigger than 52mm bore. If you're near melbourne, eastern suburbs, I'll machine your cases for $50.

Cheers mate for that , Im looking at my options. Im in Newcastle so I will have to post the cases down for you to machine. Will keep you posted

Latest posts

Back