Insurance for a Motovert

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Money26

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know who would offer 3rd Party Fire and Theft for a motovert rx125?

I live in QLD and having trouble finidng an insurer

Any help would be great!

good luck i spent many hours chasing someone up but they all say they`ve never heard of it so they cant insure it. i dont leave my rx125 anywhere unattended and just dont crash haha

QBE do pretty much any bike. Check them out for sure.

Or worse case Shannons but they are pretty expensive.

not with comprehensive insurance.

im in nsw and a green slip, or third party is compulsory... get it at the place that does the blue slip/ roadworthy, except you guys dont need that, hey? bastards...

qbe...which is ING youll find...

man, i leave my keys in the ignition on my 650...but then the starter switch is broken and you need a paper clip or some foil to start it, so.... paranoia is bad karma man.

Yeah not too sure if I am keen on your method headmess!!

QBE won't insure it, they all say that it is not on there approved list!

and either will shannons, or anyone else. if you find someone let me know cause i want mine insured.

I chain my RX to a pole if I leave it parked anywhere unattended.
But I do want to get third party insurance. It would suck to hit another vehicle & the repair bill be worth more than the bike. As small & light as these bikes are, if it slid down the road at 60km+ & wedged under the side of a modern car. It could damage the cars chassis & the car be classed as a right off.

yeah i tried calling around every insurance company i could think of, no one would do it. not approved or something like that, i reckon they just dont want to waste their time with that sort of stuff

^^^^ motovert is not listed on their list either

It wont be on anyones list so you would have to try and negotiate with any insurance company coz it can be done but it wont be cheap as its considered an import which will always attract a high price.

ebike insurance said they are adding motovert rx 125 to their list today, so long as its rego they`ll insure it.

phone - 1300 880 510 i spoke to a chick called candy

yeah i rang round too to find no insurance....its just that motovert is not a well known brand and is new to the scene.
hahaha CANDY sounds hott, wonder if she puts out.

hahaha ring her and find out!!!!!

they quoated me $740 for the year

dont know if its really worth it.

Was that comprehensive??

I was just looking for Third Party Fire and Theft!

yeah that was full on, everything, they even said it was break down assistance. damn i could nearly put the bike on my shoulder and carry the bugger home haha

Anyone here got insurance yet? Really want to get one but if I can't get insurance or insurance is way over the top may aswell just get a bigger 250 - 450 KTM/Yamaha

Just tried Insure My Ride and they said straight out No, try Shannons

Latest posts

Back