IRK? What do you think?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rien

Reaction score
I have a 125cc Ducar.
I have no idea what an IRK does.
Would I be able to put one on my bike?
What do I need before I can put one on.
How?
Help :)

I got one and its bloody mad. i would recommend getting one definitely

The oil slinger is a centrifugal oil filter that is on the end of right hand side of the crank ... Oil comes from the pump and transfers to the slinger via a spring loaded transfer tube ... Once inside the slinger , any molecules that are heavier than the oil molecules get flung out to the outside walls where the centrifugal force holds them so that they can't possibly get pumped thru to the conrod big end bearing then out onto the bore ... Slingers are the most effective method of protecting the crank and extending its life ... In fact they were so effective that Honda removed them from their later model XR's ... The cranks on the later models wear out a hell of a lot quicker than the slinger models ... I've got 35 year old XR75 41.5 mm stroke cranks and stock bore cylinders that are still good and have never been rebuilt ... I can't say the same for the '77 and onwards engines ... I've got XR80 cranks that have over 2 mm rod play ... and it's a battle to find a decent used 45 mm stroke crank ... The slingerless engines also chopped their cam journals away pretty fast too ... Every used later model engine I've check (hundreds of 'em) has crank slop (felt by grabbing the flywheel and wiggling it up and down and sideways ) and frigged heads ...

IF you are going to buy a light alloy slinger ... stay away from the two piece steel/alloy ones which are prone to failure in a modified engine ... DHZ has a one piece billet alloy slinger ... or you can get a steel one lightened ...

yx150 oil slinger troubles - Planet Minis

Lost a tooth on my primary gear :( - Planet Minis

Yx Question - Planet Minis

To add to Cactus' comments, the alum slingers are about 700g lighter. So the engine spins up heaps quicker and you get good acceleration gains.

Snitchy posted a video on how to swap it. Good video. Just be careful if you need to use lots of force on the slinger nut. On my 140 I chose to put the engine in 4th, and put a bar thru the rear disc and over the swing arms, then I just torqued the nut loose with a long wrench. Likewise when I put it back on.

Before putting the nut on, I cleaned off the oil, and used a little bit of loctite on the thread.

well if u recommend it that much i better get one hey.
how does this one look...Inner Rotor Kit with a free CDI oil slinger?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/INNER-ROTOR-KIT-FREE-OIL-SLING-140cc-125cc-CRF-50_W0QQitemZ310097387619QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310097387619&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318
let me know what a good one to get is if this one is bad!

Those kits are a good deal ... but the slingers are the two piece jobs ... I don't know if they fail in Lifan or Honda type motors ... I've only seen 'em fail in YX 150/160's ...

yeh for a total of $60 I reckon i'll get it.
but u say 2 piece slingers are shit? how will i know if it's working lol.
i dunno what the single piece slingers look like or anything so if ya wanna show me what a good one looks like that'd be good.
like if a 2 piece will still work and its ganna be cheaper to get this pack thats what i'll do.

dunno jack i been runnin my 2 pice for months now and all sweet

tho i dont flog the liveing crap out of my whips as i like to ride home not walk pushing a shitta

dunno jack i been runnin my 2 pice for months now and all sweet

tho i dont flog the liveing crap out of my whips as i like to ride home not walk pushing a shitta

yeh.. well i got a the same thing as in the ebay link.. but i dont have the oil slinger.. would you highly reconmend one?

Latest posts

Back