Is it hard to build a 125cc bike by yourself

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masso

Reaction score
I just wanted to know if it would be hard for me to build a minibike on my own because i only have $200 and i was thinking of buying the frame and swingarm this week and next week i would buy wheels and so on. So could you please tell me what you think.

I did it last year,

I used all NEW parts, and it worked out heaps dearer doing it that way, you can buy new bikes for like $700, but in parts itll work out more,

Its all the little things that just keep adding up!!!

Frame $70
Swingarm $50
Engine $300
Bars $80
Front end $120
Rear shock $80
Wiring loom $45
Tank $40
Plastics $35
Wheels + tyres $200
Sprockets $50
Chain $40
Throttle $45
Levers $50
Seat $45
Carby $50
Brakes (2) $85
Chain guard $25
CDI $20
Kill switch $20

theres $1450 already, and thats using NEW but basic stuff,

whereas you can get a PP140 for like $700 now!

Cheers

Its not a way of saving money so just buy a complete bike. Building a bike is the best way to get the exact bike u want with all the mods of ur choice but it should only be done if ur willing to spend alot more $$$

i suggest buying a base/platform bike and modding it
works out cheaper because u dont have to buy all the little meaningless things

i built my bike and i have start to build another one.. like pit master has said it is more expensive... but i think it is the enjoyment of seeing it come together that i like.. plus this nexxt one will be more of a project that my mates and i are gonna do... make sometihng just built for speed..

but yeah like ducar said.. buy something and the mod it with improvements.. is the best way to go

Latest posts

Back