Is it hard to build a 125cc bike by yourself

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masso

Reaction score
I just wanted to know if it would be hard for me to build a minibike on my own because i only have $200 and i was thinking of buying the frame and swingarm this week and next week i would buy wheels and so on. So could you please tell me what you think.

I did it last year,

I used all NEW parts, and it worked out heaps dearer doing it that way, you can buy new bikes for like $700, but in parts itll work out more,

Its all the little things that just keep adding up!!!

Frame $70
Swingarm $50
Engine $300
Bars $80
Front end $120
Rear shock $80
Wiring loom $45
Tank $40
Plastics $35
Wheels + tyres $200
Sprockets $50
Chain $40
Throttle $45
Levers $50
Seat $45
Carby $50
Brakes (2) $85
Chain guard $25
CDI $20
Kill switch $20

theres $1450 already, and thats using NEW but basic stuff,

whereas you can get a PP140 for like $700 now!

Cheers

Its not a way of saving money so just buy a complete bike. Building a bike is the best way to get the exact bike u want with all the mods of ur choice but it should only be done if ur willing to spend alot more $$$

i suggest buying a base/platform bike and modding it
works out cheaper because u dont have to buy all the little meaningless things

i built my bike and i have start to build another one.. like pit master has said it is more expensive... but i think it is the enjoyment of seeing it come together that i like.. plus this nexxt one will be more of a project that my mates and i are gonna do... make sometihng just built for speed..

but yeah like ducar said.. buy something and the mod it with improvements.. is the best way to go

Back