Is our Rec Reg at risk

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont see anything about recreational registration in there. It stands for Recreational Environment Group.

sorry, should have put more details, was in a rush. I heard from a few different people that there was not going to be anymore Rec Reg,probably just a rumor, so i searched around and found this, i think the greens r going to establish more national parks, i think motorbikes can only ride in state forrests.
R.E.G (Recreational Environment Group) is a politcal group that represent a few different recreation associations. I just thought someone might know or heard a bit more than i know, which isn't much. I heard the greens are also trying to introduce beach taxes aswell, like parking metres at surf beaches, sorry, more second hand info.

You can still get Rec Reg, i just got it on my Atomik ProX250, only thing was i had to stamp the frame with a number that Vic Roads gave me
There was no number on the frame, just a plate with a Vin number

With rec reg you can road ride in a shit load more places the forset tracks, if in victoria get yourself a copy of Vic Roads Country Ed-6 its the melways of country victoria, then you will see most main roads have a 4 digit code on them, any country road without a 4 digit code you can ride on, yes you can road on bitchamen, you cant ride in a built up area

good info, i will have to check the country maps out, i have a klx300, need to get that rec regd in the next few weeks, then lookin to buy a pitpro which i wanna rec reg. so the VIN number on the plate wasn't good enough, who stamped your frame and how much did tha cost?

I stamped the frame, Vic Roads can tell you where you can get it done, they said $30
It cant be any country maps it has to be VicRoads Country Street Directory of Victoria.
I went to the motorbike expo in melb at the exhibition centre 2 months ago, and was talking to a cop there who had a yz yammy on display and he gave me a pamphlet with all the info about rec reg, i will find it and scan it and up it here somewhere

yeah that would be good,i might even go down to the local station and see if the have anything on it. i cant beleive i missed that bike expo, i heard it was good, i didnt even know about it, think there is another in Jan.

You can still get Rec Reg, i just got it on my Atomik ProX250, only thing was i had to stamp the frame with a number that Vic Roads gave me
There was no number on the frame, just a plate with a Vin number

With rec reg you can road ride in a shit load more places the forset tracks, if in victoria get yourself a copy of Vic Roads Country Ed-6 its the melways of country victoria, then you will see most main roads have a 4 digit code on them, any country road without a 4 digit code you can ride on, yes you can road on bitchamen, you cant ride in a built up area

Be a bit carefull there... With rec reg you can ride on any forest road (numbered 2000-2999 I think 0r it could be 3000-3999 need to check it out) or any un numbered road. Any road that has a speed limit below 100km/h is a no go zone as well.

Mike

mike this thread is a few months old buddy learn to read dates

at the time I posted that I had sampled a few ales and was not at my best... ah well, you live and learn. But the info is still relevant.

still usefull information , there's no problem with posting in a old thread if the thread is usefull or usefull information can be added to it for forum member benfits.

Latest posts

Back