Is the kx65 even really a mini ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jams22

Reaction score
Well some pals and I have been arguing for hours over this.

I say the kx65 can be considered a mini because it's not much larger than a klx110 it just appears to be from suspension and the fact it's a 2stroke.

they say it's not a mini.i mean if you went off to a pitbike/mini fmx event would you be willing to use the kx65 ? you think that it could be even used for that ? you have the klz110's/ttr90's and everything why not a kx65 ?

seems like a mini to me and I'd use it if I chose to go out freestyling on a mini over a klx or ttr90 or whatever else.

what is everyone else's answer ? thanks for the help.

Nahhh its a full size adult motorbike lol.... Im trying to sell or swap my DHZ140 for a crf50 or a kx60. Doesnt bother me what I get. The kx will be a shit load more fun but.

what ? can't use 2strokes in a contest why is this ? I never heard of that,what's the reasons?.what does everyone use ? I mean klx/ttr90's have no clutch that make sit no fun hahhaa

Thanks again.

hey, I am a newbie here, but i will throw my two bob in. I live in the uk at the momment, and ride and race mini's over here (reegmx70, taky 124 superhead, shivers) the guys i ride with and this tends to be the accepted definition of a mini. Must be 4 stroke, must have an open frame. check out mini4gb, this is thw series i race. mini4gb | welcome..... sorry to go off topic but by the looks of this site most are riding chinks over the japs..... is that the case

Ok here's the deal:
Your mates are more than likely refering 'Mini' as a Mini four stroke - Thumpstar , Fast50 etc. Their right in that case as its NOT a 'mini' -for adults ( Motoluver disagree's haha). Its a motocross specific Children's bike designed for the 8-13 year old for competitive competition. Its actually no designed to be riden by an adult. Nor can it be considered a fast50 due to it being a 2 smoker , has a vertical motor , fully enclosed frame.
Your also right too as it is a mini but a mini bike not a mini-moto or fast50 as i've explained. And cant be raced in competition!

hey, I am a newbie here, but i will throw my two bob in. I live in the uk at the momment, and ride and race mini's over here (reegmx70, taky 124 superhead, shivers) the guys i ride with and this tends to be the accepted definition of a mini. Must be 4 stroke, must have an open frame. check out mini4gb, this is thw series i race. mini4gb | welcome..... sorry to go off topic but by the looks of this site most are riding chinks over the japs..... is that the case

Yeah Thanks for the site,the info may help those of you in mx.but im first off in the US plus i have plans for fmx no racing really not my style.
i've been leaning towards the klx but just had questions on the 2strokes the sizes and etc .. thanks for all the help.
I guess I'll just buy the all the manual clutch crap to put on a klz and be good.

Latest posts

Back