IS THERE A WAY TO GET 5 GEARS? AND MAKE MY BIKE A BIT HIGHER?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROMPA

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering if u can buy a type of clutch kit for a 125cc engine so i can have 5 gears?im also wondering if theres a way to make my bike higher?my current seat height is 720mm but my girlfriends bike is 900mm and is much comfier to ride.any help and suggestions would be great.cheers

I wouldn't think you could get 5 gears into your 4 speed so I am going to say no. However you can get a smaller rear sproket but this will reduce your bottom end power.

As for height, is your forks flush with the triple clamps? If not, loosen the clamps and side the clamps up to come up flush with the top of the forks. You can also get rear shock extenders which extends the shock by about 20mm. But where only talking a couple of cm's in total on your seat hieght. You will never be able to get close to your gf's bike height, can't heighten the back much with out messing wiht the handling of the bike unless you get a new swinga and longer shock, but now were talhing bug bucks.

A crf70 style pit bike is an option though which has a seat height of 850mm

Hope that helps

thanks goose man i was just wondering if the 5th gear was an option but that makes sense.when you say crf70 style bike where would i find one of those?are they common?i guess i may be able to find a frame and just add my bits to it.

crf70 style, also known as the mid-size range are not as common as the crf50's but they are around. If your on a budget the atomik nitrous midsize it a good bike, that is what I have and have slowly modded it out over the years. There are also klx style bikes which about 800mm (not 100%) high and have good handling characteristics. There are a few in this style, the best being pitster pro's lxr.

You can also get bigfoot style bikes which usually run the klx frame and are a little bigger as they have bigger wheels.

What bike does you gf have? Cause if its Jap then maybe you should look into a jap bike so you can keep up (can't let you gf be faster!)

hey thats interesting craig, haven't seen them before, but thay may only fit the takegawa engines and maybe daytona's.

There is one that fits a lifan 150 i know that for sure... $600 though

crf70 style, also known as the mid-size range are not as common as the crf50's but they are around. If your on a budget the atomik nitrous midsize it a good bike, that is what I have and have slowly modded it out over the years. There are also klx style bikes which about 800mm (not 100%) high and have good handling characteristics. There are a few in this style, the best being pitster pro's lxr.

You can also get bigfoot style bikes which usually run the klx frame and are a little bigger as they have bigger wheels.

What bike does you gf have? Cause if its Jap then maybe you should look into a jap bike so you can keep up (can't let you gf be faster!)

her bike is a ARES its a nice bike and well set up from standard.hers has different plastics to the crf 50 the tail plastic is longer and the side plastics are a bit different to but still bolt on if the same spots.it must have a crf70 style frame id say.

Are you sure your gf's is 900mm, sorry to doubt you its just that it must look like this...
8304kf1_20.jpeg

or this...
bfd150y15oa.jpg

I know the style of plastics your talking about though, the ones above^ right? There not a copy of any style really just a style of its own.

they are Orion/Apollo plastics on the yellow bike Russell

Are you sure your gf's is 900mm, sorry to doubt you its just that it must look like this...
8304kf1_20.jpeg

or this...
bfd150y15oa.jpg

I know the style of plastics your talking about though, the ones above^ right? There not a copy of any style really just a style of its own.

yeh sorry mate the size may be a bit out.its the same as the yellow bike which u can notice the height difference

thew 1st one would wear out the swing arm in a race (chain rubbing)
i wonder what it would be like to jump

it looks like a CRF50 style with 17/14's ?
the chain looks a bit tight too, especially if they are jumping anything decent.
by the time the swingarm moves up 75mm it'd be stretching the links.

anything takegawa is expensive, but the quality is second to none

hi mate, all i did to my bike to make it taller was replace the rear shock with a taller one (from a different bike or buy one) and replace the rear swing arm aswell, it raised my bike up a fair bit and not feels alot better. About the gears i wouldnt know sorry bud

Latest posts

Back