Is this a CRF? See for urself and let me know what u think!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthonyburris

Reaction score
Is this a CRF? See for urself and let me know what u think!

Bought this bike from a guy off craigslist, has a 114 Lifan and a "CRF 50" Frame. Went to put the plastics and seat on, which were off when i bought it, and they do not really line up. Starting to think....
1) This is definately not a CRF frame....
2) There seems to be some extra welds where the seat kind of clips to top of frame (this is where the seat is not lining up to the frame) and maybe the guy before me added some metal for some reason?
3) Would plastics from a earlier/later year not match up with a earlier/later year frame?

If anyone else has ideas let me know! Also this bike has been sprayed and painted (maybe a few times!) and I can not read any sort of VIN. Anyone have any ideas on how to determine what I got here if everyone else is just as stumped as me.

Thanks everyone for any and all help, aloha. Tony

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Judging by the subframe im not sure, I don't think the crf50s came with electric start, could be wrong as im not overly familiar with them but I don't think they did. The reason I say that is because there is a battery box attachment opposite where the exhaust hooks up. I don't think it is but can not say im 100%

Def not a crf, the frame looks like the one I reframed my crf 50 with, its similar but I had to space out the seat mount about 10mm and made a bracket for the exhaust.

the upside down pics hurt my head.. looks like the only thing on that bike CRF is the forks, everything else isnt :)

That is a thumpstar hunge10 frame and swingarm. Dead ringer for the one in my shed

Sent from the family throne

The sub frame is totally different to a stock crf frame and the swing arm looks to be part square tube

That is a thumpstar hunge10 frame and swingarm. Dead ringer for the one in my shed

Just the info I was looking for!!! Thanks a ton. Have you built onto your frame? And how did it go? Guess its time to do some research on this frame/bike and see if the build is worth it. Thanks everyone!

One more question for you Hess (or anyone) does it look like this frame has some extreme metal on it. The mounts for the seat clips to snug up into seems to be a bit different than anything I've seen. Does your frame have two different size mounts right next to one another like shown in my pic??? (Sorry for not knowing real names of what I am trying to explain haha). Also what year is your frame? Just trying to get a rough idea of what I got here...

Ill go to shed and take a pic for ya

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368244143.306201.jpg

Hows that

Well darn I was hoping what u had was going to be a spitting image of what I got here. Very similar but I still have those two "mounts" on top or my frame, above rear shock that I don't know if they are supposed to be there. Was hoping I was going to see something similar on your bike. I guess I could still have a thumpstar, different year or something, guess I'll keep searching!!!! Thanks again!

the square slots on the top are to suit a crf style seat, they suit a seat that has the 2x tabs coming off the bottom.
looks like your bike may have had new ones welded on as well as the originals
possibly to move the seat/tank back an inch to suit a bigger rider?
the 2x tank mounts may have been mounted back a bit to suit the seat, by just using a strap of steel, with holes drilled an inch apart and fitted at each end of the tank?

View attachment 8028

Latest posts

Back