Is this a good Ignition Coil?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is chinese ignition coil and it is made for 50cc engine so i think that it will be weak for you if yout bike is 110cc or more!

the coil should be fine for your bike, and cheap enough to try out.
all it needs to do is amplify the voltage going into the coil,
if it is 15% more energy coming out, compared to a stock coil then that is better again!
let us know how you go

i dont mind these ,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BANDO-RA...67?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item41638bac6b

I have an SSR 125sr, It should be ok? If so how would I set it up on my bike? This is my old coil...See how the one I ordered is different from the old one.
get-attachment.aspx

if you are replacing this style of coil with it,

1coilpitbike.jpg

remove this then use a long 6mm threaded bolt and nyloc nut through the new coil and through same hole in the frame that the old coil was bolted through.
make sure you rub any paint off around the hole in the frame while you are doing it, use some 80 grit sandpaper or a file.
some dielectric grease on the mounting holes will help it not rust, and some grease on the coil terminals, and in the spark plug boot will prevent moisture getting in., Supercheap have it in Australia,
and most automotive parts places sell it too
dielectricgrease.jpg

if your old wiring has the plastic plug/socket on it with the terminals inside,
you can cut if off and use some insulated female crimp on terminals on the wires to connect it to your new coil.

1terminalf.jpg

yeah the Super Coil you ordered will work fine.

run your coil postive lead (black w/yellow stripe?) to the black terminal on the coil.
you will need to make a short wire link for the negative side,
use a short piece of wire with lots of fine stands (50mm long or so),
crimp a ring terminal (with 6mm hole) on one end of the wire, and an insulated female spade terminal on the other end.
mount the ring terminal on the mounting bolt for the coil, other end goes to the green terminal on the coil.
and make sure the ring terminal is touching the clean bare metal coil mount on the frame.

1ringterminal.jpg

yeah the Super Coil you ordered will work fine.

run your coil postive lead (black w/yellow stripe?) to the black terminal on the coil.
you will need to make a short wire link for the negative side,
use a short piece of wire with lots of fine stands (50mm long or so),
crimp a ring terminal (with 6mm hole) on one end of the wire, and an insulated female spade terminal on the other end.
mount the ring terminal on the mounting bolt for the coil, other end goes to the green terminal on the coil.
and make sure the ring terminal is touching the clean bare metal coil mount on the frame.

1ringterminal.jpg

That sounds complicated, Im a noob at electrics so Im going to need a lot of help.

This is what Im trying to put on my bike

343683822_o_zpsd227601c.jpg
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Back