is this the future of dirtbikes????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiddy@norway

Reaction score
Last edited:
id still rather the mad sounds of the bike than quietness. bloody nerds are thinking of to many things these days

Eletric drag cars haul ass. No gearbox, torke all the way thru the rev range. Dosnet piss the oldies off. Pitty that you cant carry a jerry can full of charge.

does any one know of who sells them and how much they are? and do you reckon you would get into trouble by the cops if you rode it around? like when pocket rockets where not illegal you could ride them.

does any one know of who sells them and how much they are? and do you reckon you would get into trouble by the cops if you rode it around? like when pocket rockets where not illegal you could ride them.

There is already a law against riding a powered bike (you can buy eletric scooters). I dont know it exactly but it think the max is 200 watts. These bikes would be 7000 plus watts so you would not last long on the road.

However a quick spin around in the vacant block up the road is not likley to result in the boys in blue coming around anywhere near as quick as a regular bike. And if you have some bush around the nearby residents probably wouldnt even know you were there and if you were chased a easy (quiet) getaway would be easy.

these bikes cost $7610 dollars. its on a website called zeromotorcycles.com. check em out. a lot of money. the batteries last like two hours aswell

do they have a gear box?
rekon they can stall either?

i dont like them

only problem is after your Battery goes dead it takes like a day to Recharge now how is that fun?

only problem is after your Battery goes dead it takes like a day to Recharge now how is that fun?

Yeah, 2 hours of thrashing and 24 hours plugged in to the outlet, wouldn't even get warmed up before the thing died. I guess the advantage of electric engines are low-cost maintenance, crazy torque delivery and less moving parts, but the fun-factor would be somewhat reduced by the lack of exhaust-notes.
what I would like to see though is a alcohol-fueled dirtbike, anyone seen somthing like that?

EDIT : after some reaserch I've found out that power and weight is not an issue, Bikes have been made that push over 70 HP from a electric engine, this in a dirtbike chassis, weight is currently about 20 pounds more than matching performance gas-powered bikes, but getting lighter as we speak, recharging takes under one hour on the state-of-the-art prototypes, and battery-life is steadily increasing, this could be the future for real....

Last edited:
do they have a gear box?
rekon they can stall either?

i dont like them

I dont know about these bikes but in general with eletric power there would be no gearbox, no clutch and impossible to stall.
Just like a radio controlled car, instant power.
You would be able to change sprocket sizes to change acceleration rates and top speed to suit the track.

i think they would be alright they look rele light in the vid and easy to throw around
i think the would prbably be alot easyier to ride and great for learners but i dont think they will take over for a while yet

yeh i heard today that super recharge batterys take about a hour or less for 10 hours battery life.

In 10 - 20 years time a eletric bike will zip past your 15 year old kids and they will say "did you hear the wizz of that, thats sic" and the sound will be accepted as cool and the price will be cheap because china copys will be everywhere.

In 10 - 20 years time a eletric bike will zip past your 15 year old kids and they will say "did you hear the wizz of that, thats sic" and the sound will be accepted as cool and the price will be cheap because china copys will be everywhere.

yeah:) I think that prediction is right on the money. just like the guys (like me) who still owns and rides 2 strokes are looked on as dinosaurs today, the guys in the not to distant future riding and owning internal combustion engines will be the dinousaurs.

I dont know about these bikes but in general with eletric power there would be no gearbox, no clutch and impossible to stall.
Just like a radio controlled car, instant power.
You would be able to change sprocket sizes to change acceleration rates and top speed to suit the track.
what i see is similar to cars. they'll have computer tuning, it should make for quicker efficient tuning. u could really change the characteristic's of the bike, throttle response, more amps at different spots of throttle ect. The impossibility's are limitless :D

Latest posts

Back