its finally here an mine 2012 motovert 160R

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here are some run in picks an what not 2 days of riding at narbathong in the eastern suberbs of melbourne ! i was riding with me mate and is CRF 450 . good stuff highly recoomend the 160R without a doubt !!

2012-04-04201819.jpg

2012-04-04200156.jpg

2012-04-04164643.jpg

2012-04-05131848.jpg

had a blast of to big river tomorrow for another 3 days of riding .

The bike went sweet its been run in. not a problem at all. only one fault left hand grip came off. everything went smooth as. recommend the motovert 100% will def be getting the 200CC BIG BORE AN PISTON KIT.

200cc bore kit????? Havnt herd of these for this engine? Only know about 184cc kit. Go the v2 head first you won't be disappointed. Just put one on my lxr and power is alot better.

Yeah cool I'm getting it this week. Just want more power...how did your bike pull up? Looks good.

you dont want a 200cc kit, they dont rev that great. 184 and v2 is awesome setup.
if you want a quick power upgrade thats not to expensive, ditch that carby and chuck on a oko26 or something like that. those molkets are rubbish and you'll end up having fuel issues once you start really pushing it.

you dont want a 200cc kit, they dont rev that great. 184 and v2 is awesome setup.
if you want a quick power upgrade thats not to expensive, ditch that carby and chuck on a oko26 or something like that. those molkets are rubbish and you'll end up having fuel issues once you start really pushing it.

My bike has a makuni 30 mm havn had any problems yet.

its located on the engin case mckenna ( on the side ) should be held on by like 3x8mm bolts . cant miss it let me know if ur hving more troub ill show u on some pics

My bike has a makuni 30 mm havn had any problems yet.

Yeah most if not all z160ho's come out with them . All i can say is they do the job thats it ...

There really an oval bore 26mm not a 30mm..

I can vouch for the OKO 26mm flat side carbs, it defiantly makes the bike wake up a bit. It gives a really strong mid to top end punch . Ive got mine dialled in now and its throwing the front wheel in the air through the first 3 gears and pulling peak rpm very fast... im 80 + kgs in weight too.

It the cheapest most effective performance upgrade you can make .

DHZ sell a kit which includes everything u need ...

As for tuning they come with a 36 pilot 100 main JJH needle middle clip which is close to perfect straight out of the box ive found a 102 main bit better and left everything else alone.

Happy trails !

How much are these oko carbs ??? Also my bike came out with an air box set up which sounds all good but their are pain to clean have to pull rear plastics,seat off then u have to pull the aor box apart. i just put the uni filter on i got for free. heeps easier to clean. wasnt any power difference between the uni an the air box set up. think i might just buy another uni as a spare n do away with the air box. what do u guys normaly do if ur running the air box set up ??

How much are these oko carbs ??? Also my bike came out with an air box set up which sounds all good but their are pain to clean have to pull rear plastics,seat off then u have to pull the aor box apart. i just put the uni filter on i got for free. heeps easier to clean. wasnt any power difference between the uni an the air box set up. think i might just buy another uni as a spare n do away with the air box. what do u guys normaly do if ur running the air box set up ??

you can get yourself an OKO 26mm from dhz for $165 you will get the carb , 1/8th turn throttle , genuine 48mm uni filter , rubber carby adaptor and throttle cable .

Great value for money , they come jetted almost spot on its plug and play performance .

I ended up changing the main jet to a 102 from a 100 and left the needle and pilot jetting as it came from dhz and its runs like a cut snake .

Throttle response improved alot and mid to top end power is so strong and crisp i highly recommend it .

So how was your Easter? I got mine in white n just in time for the long weekend
The bike is tops the linkage is awesome the only thing that stopped me was my mate
Stalled in the middle of the track as I came round the corner n almost took him out.

Everything as far as I can see is built well and will take a fair beating the only thing I can pick
On is that the gear shifter sticks out a bit and kicks out where as on my other bikes it
kicks in leaving it less prone to getting snagged so I might swap the one of my atomik its bout
The only good thing on that bike

Latest posts

Back