Jap or chink

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickstar1

Reaction score
hey,

Just want to know what most of you guys ride, I ride jap,(reegmx70, taky 124 superhead, shivers) and probally always will, but what are most people riding. I ride in the uk at the moment because thats where i live.... neways let me know. I am a neebie btw

hey mate welcome to the forum :)

most of our fellow miniriders ride $1000 china bikes like me l0l

but there are a few japs on here like

you,mini mulisha,sidney and a few other but by far your bike sounds to be a TOP NOTCH mini as is mini mullishas

but dont let all the chaina's turn you away mate this site is great and full of info

cheers mate, nah I won't let the china's turn me away, don't really care what other people ride, as long as they are having fun. just interested really

i am heading back to oz in a couple of weeks, sold the 70, and i think i am going to build a klx, just checking epay for a donor bike at the momment..... I am thinking a full two bro's with tb mobs to the engine as they are cheaper than the taky gear...... but there is nothing like the power of a 124 super head on the 70 it is fuckin insane. Check out this site www.min4gb.com this is the race series i raced last year. Midi open class

I love the 50's thats exactly what a mini should look like, have you left it pretty stock

What about the euro dawgs??? If it aint orange then its a lemon
Aint a mini but just puttin it out there haha.

Imports do the trick for me. I'd make the purchase of 88 limo if there was local races held but thats not a reality. If I lived on the goldie/sunny coast I would be on a honda for sure but I can justify spending the amount required on a japenese mini without any races being held. I preety much playride with the odd muck around race but nothing the china can't cope with. If i feel a bit wild I just get on the big bike and cut loose. Finance isn't a issue when it comes to buying a mini as you can get a stocker for $700 and do the basics without going over 2k , just a matter of tailoring your bike to suite your needs I guess. I think the miniworld needs to relise that other wise there will be a constant conflict , just get on your mini and thrash it. Fun is what its all about , Ride mini bikes for fun not to make a statement.

By the way trickstar got any photo's of this 70? Preety keen to see it. Welcome to the forums

here are mate,this is the beast, old photo though, didn't have the taky in, but it is running daytona 119cc dohc, daytona was good but was getting outgunned by the 143klx's so it had to go

spec:

Reeg Prototype frame, swinger, elka shock
Marzocchi CRF 70 forks
Reeg MX billet hubs F+R
HD Spokes F+R
Black Excel rims F+R
Reeg MX Rear Disk Kit
Fastway pegs
Pro Circuit pipe
Renthal 997 bars
F+R Michelin tyres
Daytona throttle
Renthal Kevlar Grips
Hope front 4 pot disk kit
Red ASV Clutch lever
Gear Lever
Two Bros filter
Renthal R1 Chain
Talon rear sprocket
Renthal front sprocket
Mikuni VM28
Daytona Manifold
Daytona Oil Cooler
Stock Plastics
Minibike MX Graphics
Blue Carb pipes
Sano Chain guide
Kick Start
Two Bros Skid Plate

Attachments

• reegmx.jpg
    reegmx.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 42
  • reegmx1.jpg
    reegmx1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 27
I hear what your saying about ridding for fun, as soon as i started racing this is the kind of set up you need to be competitive in a midi open class when the cc goes up to 160, with some of the guys stroking them to 180 (illegally). I don't think it is all about making a statement, it's about having a fuckin awesome, reliable, fast, well setup bike. imo

It owes me way to much, if you built with new parts including the donor bike, your looking at 8300 pounds, sold it for 5 about three weeks ago, was sad to see it go...... but looking forward to the next build...

next build ...stay away from the 4v...get a new billetware cradleframe(klx+crf) , yx 177cc engine, some DNM forks+ shock and you got still enough doe left to have a normal life!!:D

wohoo. i wish i had that id be unstopable in epping no perosn would keep wit h me or no cop would get near me, and id give it what it wants a big big big thrashing

nah i want a jap engine at the heart of it, need to decide on klx or crf70, and i have 5g in pounds to build another, so thats like 10 aussie. so should be able to have nice midi and a normal life.

...whatever floats your boat...a klxframe with an ktm sx65 arm is pretty trick...did see some on PM.....and are you sure you are a Newbie??:p

Last edited:
haven't seen that, but have seem reegmx modded frame, head tube angle changed by 4 degrees, with ktm 65 swinger and forks. This seppo guy built it and it is the best looking 70 i have ever seen, i will try and track down a photo......... and year newbie on this site, just not to the sport

how quick is your bike that you got now that 70cc how fast dose that go in top speed, and dose it pull both top/bottom end power good

how quick is your bike that you got now that 70cc how fast dose that go in top speed, and dose it pull both top/bottom end power good

:rolleyes:

no idea how fast it goes in top speed, depends on how it's geared, riding bikes fast around a track is not all about top end speed mate, it's very rare on any mini track i have ridden they you get it 3rd gear pinned. it's not a 70cc engine anymore, it's a full taky 124 super head. Yeah it pulls and pulls and pulls mate.

yeh i know bout that shit dont worry everysingle person doesnt shut oup on this website about bikes are made for tracks. but yeh i dont mean you man, if its only got 3 gears they would be extremely stretched on a takegawa 124cc wodnt they

Latest posts

Back