JB's klx110 Progress Build!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey guys , picked up this klx110 today! I'm pretty happy with it, apart from her having a leaking fork seal,Bald tyres and hardly any brakes, it goes quite well.

Its looking pretty average at the moment, but I'm looking forward to working on it!

The suspension definitely needs sorting out as the rear end is bouncing everywhere!
It most likely needs a +4 swinger which will hopefully make it more stabilised. I think the rear shock has been wounded up as when my fat ass sits on it she hardly goes down!. He gave me a ktm 65sx swingarm, so i mite be able to do some Fab work on it and make it work but it could be a pain!

So first thing ill will be doing is replacing the fork seals,new tyres, brake shoes and a new swingA and rear shock.

Im leaving the motor stock for the time being, want to get the suspension and everything else sorted out first.

Any recommendations on what else to do?
Also if anyone is selling any klx110 things? shoot us a Pm!

P1030657.jpg

FEW AFTERMARKET PARTS IT CAME WITH:
~ Kx60 forks with aggressive TBR springs
~BBR upper triple clamp
~Sunline shift lever
~Sik 110's Over-The-Top Rear Brake Lever
~Heavy duty rear shock and spring
~Tag highrise handlebars
~ASV c5 black front brake lever
~Tokyo mods cdi
~Fastway Pegs
~Billetware Heavy Duty Pegmount
~FMF 4.1 full exhaust system
~Sik 110's Billet Engine Cover Kit
~Uni filter
~TBR tall seat
~Monster energy graphics kit

Eventually want to get some excel rims and disc brakes would be good!
Those things will be a while though, need to save some coin (1st year apprentice wages!)

anyway thats all for now thanks

yeah, pulled her apart today, rear shock was shagged. Found out its actually a kx60 Swingarm, need to do some research, mite be to high/thick for the chain, as its just hits it. What gearing do people run on these things? it feels like 3rd gear revs out within 10metres haha. 14/38 is on their atm.

its the stock klx 110 swingarm, kxs have the mono swingarm not the triangle shaped ones

yeah, sorry dude i meant, he gave me a separate kx60 swingarm "mx style "

Yer i no the bike with the kx60 rearend , was put up for sale a while ago

Does the kx60 rear end bolt up to the stock top shock mount on the frame ? or has it been modded.

Kx60 swinga wasn't on it when i bought it. Actually i found in a box of spares he gave me, a picture of it with the 60 swinga, but wasn't complete, chain wasn't on it etc.

not sure, if i was to use the kx60 swingA, lt would definitely need a new top shock mount bracket further back. i don't think it would work very well with the oringaal top mount shock, its way to big anyway +5, will need to be cut down.

whats the strength like on the stock swingas? considering adding +2.5 to it and running that with a fox float for now, and when i rebuild the engine ill just buy after market swinga.

so keen to get some new rims for this thing, the guy i bought it off drilled through the rim, so the tire would stop spinning, looks ghetto!. why wouldn't you just buy a rim lock their like 20bucks lol! would love to buy a kx65 rear wheel with the whole disc brake setup and excel rim.

Im pretty sure you will need a lower mount for it to work , you can buy bolt on lower clamps

Yer i remember seeing pictures with it and im pretty sure i asked if he modded the top mount and im pretty sure he didnt , so dunno what he would of done to make that work ..

Stock swingers are tough .

i didnt think KLX's came with working brakes..... ive been using a boat anchor to slow down

haha, boat anchor seems like the way to go dude! My bike has no top end what so ever, it over revs within 10-20m's haha.

I don't think ill use the kx60 swingarm, I'm not sure if its worth it. although man i would really love a mx style swingarm, with a race tech shock or something. but who makes a mx style swinga?

IF i was to add +2 to the stock swinga, what shock size would i need to you reckon? like what shock do most people run with a aftermarket +2 swinga on a klx?

The Float works well with the plus 2 swingers , they are the stock length tho. so you could go a shock that is 1" longer for more height in the rear . ishock/elka .

There is a heep of mx style rearend kits , but depends how much you want to spend ?

Chp/bbr/sano/bigminis/reeg/ etc all make a (or made) rear end kits for klx110 that bolted on .

Other setup you could do is Long travel A style swingarms , they are A style swingarms , with the bottom shock mount further back allowing a longer shock to be used which gives them just as much travel as the mx style setups , and are known to handle better then the mx style.

But all of this stuff costs alot of money lol ... and half of them are out of business these days .

Yeah, am surprised how much people spend on these things!

dude your klx motor must have cost you zillions of $$$ haha

Hey guys,

finally got the bike going again, i manage to modify the kx60 swingarm to fit. Lot of work involved!
such as new top mount, extend brake line, machining spacers etc etc. Sprockets just line up!
here it is, sorry its a bit dirty.
It has elka shock,new tires,chain.
P1030663.jpg

Bit disappointed with the front end now, kx60 fork legs tag ruts very easy, and are just to soft for me.
thats probably the next thing ill do, new front end.

thanks.
sorry about the picture ill get a better one in a minute

Last edited:
looking great man with the new swing arm!
but yeah front end looks a bit soft.
keep posting pics mate.

Awesome man , the work looks worth it ! the rear end sits really nice.

What are you thinking for the front end ?

I didnt mind my kx60's with hd springs .

65's would be a nice setup , for cheap.

Then again if your shopping in the u.s theres some cheap as hell zochies getting around.

Yeah thanks bro! ,
not sure , I think ill need bit more travel, so maybe zoochies or 65's revealed. Heck even 85's shortened would be radical! $$$$$$
Not to keen on sticking with the 60's hence they are scrapping the ground way to much,
would were you going to do with your front end?

I will most likely be getting that cut down 85 set if there available when i have the money in a week or so lol... But im thinking they will go on the K-lxr as it will be the bigger bike , not to sure yet .

Bike came together nicely man, reckon the mono swingers make them look so much beefier than stock.
Chuck up some action piccies and vids if ya get the chance!

+reps mate

Latest posts

Back