jeep build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicken_run

Reaction score
hi guys im from Melbourne i have bought a 150cc jeep.
just put it all together and will run it in tomorrow.

just like to see if there is any other mini jeep users out there i have just read through a few posts and found a few guys with these things.

atm its just going to get a few mods and a tune up but later im thinking of putting some suspension under it.

but will see.

welcom to miniriders chicken run

these jeeps are awesome mate

you want to have a chat with rotn50 (mick) he has some experience with the willy jeep

Thanks mate.
Im not planning to thrash around on it as its my shooting wheels.
im trying to get a pic up.

yep, mick is Mr Jeep
have a suss of his videos-
micks, (rotn50's) Jeep videos

Haha, cheers craig, you will get royalties if i ever get famous dude.
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/35749-110cc-mini-willy-jeep.html
Does the 150cc have reverse? The little jeep can and will go places some 4wd's wont, they are def no slouch and those that have not seen such machine in there own eyes cant even begin to believe where they will go, the solid suspension is what helps them get thru some amazing tracks. I had the first gen jeep that had a fibreglass body and had a bar setup for the steering where they now have a rack and pinion and plastic shells. The place i work at were the first to import these into Australia. They have been used as shed party skid cars, golf buggies, rock crawlers, N2o fed beasts and we still have one with a china 5 speed 250cc water cooled weapon that cuts 4th gear doughies on the bitumen and concrete. I had to sell my jeep to keep up with the joneses and get a quad but will always have a soft spot for them as they are unbelievably crazy and awesome.

Last edited:
The 150cc has rev N 1 2 3
First mod is a real carb as it back fires at high rpm. I have a good brain for carbs but this chinee crap is **** so new carb will be first.
As for suspension ive done alot of 4x4s and evan put my hilux on airbags. Im thinking IFS for the front and maby portal rear due to the disk and sprocket.
Ill keep posting my progress and please post comments.

892682_10151377450842546_1557415382_o.jpg
heres a pic of it atm i'll take a few more so u can see the diffrence with the new model.
but yeh 150cc with the pizza cutter tyers.

the back firing might just be a loose header pipe on the exhaust,
see if you can do it up a bit more at the head, to crush the copper washer a bit more?

Sweet, replace the axle bearings and chain adjustor bearings asap, there's enough wiring to mount the Speedo on the bonnet hinge in front of the steering wheel. She will start spluttering just around quarter tank due to poor gravity of the fuel due to the Carby/fuel tap heights. I had an oil cooler on mine but I don't think the shineray has a spot to attach it to the head or crankcase.

with the rack and pinion steering, to they have a plastic centre pinion housing?

as for a "plastic centre pinion housings" im not sure i havent looked at them. i thought of changing the steering rack tho due to poor turning circle.

Even with turning circle now you will find over time the tyres will flex and rub on the chassis a little at times, maybe you can space them out a Lil but more mate.

okay.
the front came with spacers but i had a cheack and the rim sits on the hub perfect so i left them out.
do i need them?
ill space the whole spindle out when i put some springs in =)

Last edited:
Ill put a few pics up taking it out this weekend.
Its fully stock atm. Will be fun to see how it goes

Did something destroy the pickup mate? When my chain came off it tore it clean out.

Nope it all looks well... ill take it back and get it changed.
Jeep goes well going to deffs putting some springs in tho.

After its test run im going to lengthen the steering.
Might drop a tooth in the rear.

Latest posts

Back