Junka build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ash.onmtb

Reaction score
Got a POS for the wife to ride, planning on building as a winter project.

The plan is to use the cast off bits from my PP140 before they break, and sling them onto this thing where they can get years of putt-putt service, and I get the shiny new stuff that might last a bit longer...!

This is my first ground up build, and post of the parts are condition unknown, so I'm going to be using this resource a fair bit to work out what the hell is going on...!

09052010955.jpg

30042010942.jpg

Already had the welder out to make a few new brackets to make stuff work. Theres a whole lot more work in just making the think a rolling chassis, and that's before I can even attempt to work out how to make the motor run...

I'll try and keep this updated, its going to be a long one. And anyone who wants to offload parts like wheels, brakes etc for next to nothing, ie emptying your shed/cleaning under your bed, PM me :)

Good stuff mate, will be a good project. I have a fair few parts in my shed, under my bed and in my clothes cupboard ha ha. So when I get home I'll let you know what I have for you...keep us posted :)

yeah, the swinger will bend straight up, might get a lil bit of work out of it depending on rider weight and what riding they are doing.. i got one of them swinga's, but its only gunna go on my burnout bike.. lol

yup, its shite :)!!!

Even where the axle bolts up, the previous owner/user had washers on there that were too small, so I'm going to have to at least plate the outside of the swingarm so that the axle can be done up sort of tight...

But the aim is just to keep ones ass off the ground, so the money will be spend elsewhere, coz it doesn't go very well sitting on its dropouts...

I *think* its an illusion. There doesn't seem to be any distortion at the head tube, and there are a few gussets in the area, but at the very least its going to have an easy life, and a slacker head angle will mean its a bit more stable, just going to have a weight limit on it :)

Everyone bags out the crf style frames, but if your just taking it easy they'll never brake. I had mine and did some pretty harsh trail on it and had no problems, just dont think about jumping it.

It actually looks like an orion frame because I know most of there frame have some pre cron rake lol.

Latest posts

Back