Just Brought Myself An X-Mas Present

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTN16

Reaction score
I just brought a new MSO 140s off Linda at MSO Motocyles, so it should be arriving in the next week or so. She gave me a good deal on it and talk about customer service.. I can't believe how nice they are and they actually are willing to help and do know their stuff unlike most other sellers.

So I've just got a few questions to ask before it arrives..
(I've tried searching but couldn't find the answers)

Should I leave the oil that comes in it to break the motor in or should I change it straight away ?
If so what should I change it to ?

And after break in period what oil should I run it on ?

Thanks

hey mate yeah start it up when you get it just to warm the stock oil up a little then drop the factory oil out of it put some new stuff in it, i use motol 7100 10w-40w, but thats just what i like to run in mine never had a problem with it its 100% synthetic, i think most people use mineral oil but i've never used it

Last edited:
engines come with what u call shipping oil in them
i was informed to run the bike in on the lighter shipping oil and then change it
also ive been told that 10w 40w which is usual recomended is ok but not the best for australian conditions as most bikes are made in colder climates this is the average recomendation
i use 20w 50 in my bikes mineral oil
silkolene 4t i think it is

engines come with what u call shipping oil in them
i was informed to run the bike in on the lighter shipping oil and then change it
also ive been told that 10w 40w which is usual recomended is ok but not the best for australian conditions as most bikes are made in colder climates this is the average recomendation
So what your saying is run the bike in with the shipping oil for the first tank of fuel then after that change it to 20w 50 mineral oil ?

So what your saying is run the bike in with the shipping oil for the first tank of fuel then after that change it to 20w 50 mineral oil ?

run the bike in on the lighter shipping oil and then change it

its more like 2 or 3 tanks of fuel to run a bike in, double check though.

yeah mate run it in like ya gunna ride it just dont hold the same rpm for to long

good perchase i run 15w50 when running oil slinger it's a bit thinner on start up and run semi synthetic

i run semi synthetic 20w50 in my lifan cause of the oil filter and pump just so it's not under to much load on initial start up

it thanks me for it i spose

I have also heard that you should change the oil after the first tank of fuel to get rid of all of the little bits of metal that get in the oil of a new motor ? Is this correct ?

I am not impresed with the shiping stuff in most bikes, the price of a litre of reasonable mineral oil isnt much and is good insurance. I dont even start em with the shiping oil in, I run em till they warm 2 maybe 3 times on reasonable mineral, then drop it and replace with more mineral then do the run in.

Saber

PS: magnetic drain plugs are a good investment

Thanks for you help everyone ;)

This is what MSO Motocycles just sent me:
We recommend draining the existing engine oil before riding and replacing with a quality mineral based oil such as Motul 1000. We also recommend changing the engine oil more frequently than usual during the running in process (change after first days riding, then after 3rd days riding, then after 5th days riding) by the third tank of fuel the bike has been run in, you can then switch to a quality semi synthetic oil such as Motul 5100.

Is this correct ?

hey lad i have a 140s, i ran it for about 30 mins to an hour on the shipping oil, then dropped it only because my town i couldnt get mineral oil haha but i changed that oil with some mineral stuff and then dropped that oil after about 1-2 hours of riding and also added a magnetic sump plug aswell. bike runs sweet aswell. ill ride this a few hours then drop it again to make sure all is good

any moto shop will carry motul, use MSO's run in procedure, and mind yourself when kicking starting the bike!, ive replaced the kick start gears 3 times now!

Latest posts

Back