Just picked up a dhz dpro 140 need help,

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reds

Reaction score
Just picked up the dpro 140 just finished building, though the front wheel is held by one bolt are they suppose to be like this?
Also is there anything else i should be doing to it besides changing oil,making sure all bolts are tight. Any help appreciated

IMG_0063.jpg

hey dude,

Front wheel should have a bolt and nut on it.

As for things to do, what you suggested is good. I would also do the:
valve clearances,
pump up tyres,
tighten spokes,
drain carby/tank of old fuel
fresh fuel,

Anything you need just ask, there is plenty of tutorials on this site, for everything I have listed :)
Carlton

Thanks for that, ill have to use my other front axle from a other bike as i dont know what bolt would even fit on the one it came with, and I've done the spokes

Maby its suppose to be like that then, there is 2 bolts going through like the handle bar would but i just dont feel like its safe

The bolt is meant to go all the way through, and then a nut is to go on the end. Those 4 bolts are there just as a bit of extra protections, and ensure the fork is sitting snug on the axle.

Like the boys said mate the way you have done the front axle is perfect, the 2 little bolts on the bottom of the fork leg tighten up to hold the axle tight, and once they are tightened the axle will not go anywhere, the reason one end of the axle is wider is due to it acting as the axle spacer.

Ya doing a great job brother, the bolts holding the rear chain sprocket on can be replaced with longer ones which then enables you to put nylock nuts on the remaining thread, the nuts will not sit all the way flush but once tight they will not come loose.

When running the engine in allow it to cool for about 20-30 mins after riding before starting again, and don't be shy with the throttle during this period, so wide open throttle is fine but doesn't mean every minute of riding like that during the run in.

+1 for mick the front axle is right that's how it goes mate, you don't need to use the other axle. They are a good bike mate just need to upgrade the bars and rear shock and your set.
Have a look at my 140 build thread it started out as the same bike.
Have fun and make a thread of your own if you start modding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Thanks guys, took it for a ride today to run it in went good ;)

Latest posts

Back