Just rode the 09 KTM 530

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I_THUMP

Reaction score
A mate of mine just picked up a brand new KTM 530 EXC today and I got my hands on it for a while so I thought id share some pics of it with you all. I took it for a good ride all over the streets and all I can say is WOW. The power it has is amazing and the bike feels very light and agile. The only engine mods its had done to it is the Acrapovic exhaust which has a nice sound to it. I cant wait to get it on the dirt and see how she climbs the hills :D

After riding the 530 id be more than happy with the 450 but its hard to say no to that extra power for only $500 more.

Picture004.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Last edited:
YES PLEASE! :D

Locktite not required! LOL

hmm.. $500 difference eh.. that could be a set of motard rims ;)
2626598001_0255c8b5c7_b.jpg

Looks great Thump, how did the knobbies handle the bitumen!?? look pretty chunky/slippery..

question: whats the bit coming up from the (as sitting on the bike) right hand side of the front wheel axle??

Last edited:
that's 1 sexy bike and geeze i bet it would go like the wind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm pondering finance!

I would but I got too many other bills to pay off first otherwise there would be 2 of those bikes in the pics :D

YES PLEASE! :D

Locktite not required! LOL

hmm.. $500 difference eh.. that could be a set of motard rims ;)

Looks great Thump, how did the knobbies handle the bitumen!?? look pretty chunky/slippery..

question: whats the bit coming up from the (as sitting on the bike) right hand side of the front wheel axle??

It deffinately needs motards for the road because the rear tyre spins like crazy on the road so they will get chewed up and wont last long at all. It was bought more for the dirt but a spare set of rims and road tyres would be nice for the odd occasion ;) although im guessin that would be alot more than $500.

Im not sure exactly what that thing on the front wheel is but it was a free added extra so I will have a closer look into what it is. Anyone know?

^^ yep is on the $$.. bit of investigating and hey hey! its a 'knock out wheel spindle'

grabdoc.php

^^^i would say its the front number going by that pic, i love KTM's but the only thing i hate is the front fender with that stupid big arse groove in the center of it lol YUK......but other than that id love one in the shed:D

What are the font forks like on this?

Most KTM's I have ridden have had absolutly crap front forks. Hope this has been fixed or it's just another KTM.

does the bike in the picture have road reg without indicators, or mirrors? or is it rec reg and the number plate looks white because of the camera flash.

What are the font forks like on this?

Most KTM's I have ridden have had absolutly crap front forks. Hope this has been fixed or it's just another KTM.

Ive always found the WP forks to be great. Some of the older models required some tweaking but so far these feel nice from factory. I havnt had a chance to take it out for a good thrash on the dirt yet though.

does the bike in the picture have road reg without indicators, or mirrors? or is it rec reg and the number plate looks white because of the camera flash.

Its full road reg but the indicators have not been put on yet and the mirrors wont be getting put on.

Ive always found the WP forks to be great. Some of the older models required some tweaking but so far these feel nice from factory. I havnt had a chance to take it out for a good thrash on the dirt yet though.

Its full road reg but the indicators have not been put on yet and the mirrors wont be getting put on.

Really? I would have brought a KTM years ago but their forks compared to other brands were really bad. Husqvanah are the same. They have nothing on a decent Kyabb or Showa.

Still a sweet looking bike though.

They did change the fork specs on this years model which apparently improves them and they have a big range of adjustments to keep everyone happy.

alot of people said when ktm switched to the USD forks that the conventional forks where better but all that was a few years back and i would hope that these days forks are much better than any conventional fork was back then

I just got back from giving the bike another good workout and I must say I would deffinately be happy with a 450 instead. On the dirt the suspension performs very well but once you hit the tarmac it needs a bit of tweeking. The knobby tires dont help either on road, it just spins out of control if you accelerate to quick and drifts sideways around corners.
Its a very comfortable bike to ride and gets up on one wheel with ease. I will get some video of it in action soon.

The little bar coming off the front axle, is a quick release aid... It's meant to make pulling the axle out easier, basically... Ever tried pulling a stubborn axle out when taking the wheel off in the shed? Hammers, punches and the like? Well try doing that with the bike laying on its side, in the middle of a competetive enduro...
Well, that's why the little bar is hanging off the axle... actually gives you something to grab with your hands to pull the axle out.
Very simple, yet very useful and user friendly innovation hey????

Yamaha had them on the IT200 back in '83...
old ideas are the new black. he he!

ps: I'll swap your ktm for my "ktm".... *giggle*

I'll also throw in 2 and half packets of doritos and 3 cans of bundy to sweeten the deal...
IMG_0535.jpg

Latest posts

Back