kamikaze 88cc kit or lifan 110?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crf50 2008

Reaction score
if i buy a kamikaze 88cc kit for my stock crf50
do i need anything else?
ive read somewhere on forums about needing diffeent oil slingers and clutch parts
people having to replace clutches 2 or 3 times?

i wanted to just buy the kit and that was it no other mods is this so
or will i have to buy hd springs for clutches or different clutches
oil slingers etc etc is this 88cc kit gonna cost me a fotune?

should i just put the honda 50 to the side and bolt a lifan 110 mith 26mm mikuni in for a while it looks alot cheaper and alot less mucking about?

If your not going to race, i would seriously go the lifan 110. Limiteds are pieces of shit, mine is nothing but problems... ping like ****s, blow head gaskets all sorts of shit. I have to run race fuel in mine and have modified the piston to lower the compression as it just detonates. I only have a tb kit though maybe kami will be betterl. The 88 race head kit by tb is shit hot though, really reliable and gos really good. My opinion is get a race head kit if your going 88 or just go a chinga motor. Heaps of people will disagree with me about the limited thing but half the people dont even know what pinging is.

Oh yea and you can ride with stock clutch, it will wear out eventually though just dont be to rough with your gear changes like no flat changes and stuff and it will last a fair while. I dont know what it will do without the hv oil pump though, its highly recommended that you have one though.... maybe just chuck one in to be safe? Or just go the lifan

if you put a lifan in your crf50n then it wont be a honda anymore! usually all thats left of a crf build is the honda crankcase and the fuel tank.
go lifan and your bike will just be another chinabike, try wanking off to your mates about that haha

thanks for the reply ive just bought a billetware frame +3 swingarm and have got g2 redbaron forks on the way ill put the stock motor back in for a while. then might take it out and save her and put either a lifan 110 in if i need more power or if my wallet allows maybe a daytona 150 dhz seem to be getting cheaper with these. or pitpro sell the daytona 125 not sure about them though? could end up with a redbaron rocket and a stocky to muck around in the driveway wouldnt be too bad?

put the 88 kit on. ive run one for the last 5 years stock clutch n stock oil pump no probs.

yer im with sparrow , im running kami kit in my crf no oil pump ran it with stock clutch for few yrs only put hd in as i race it, stock 1 wasnt slipping at all.
Raced it for bout 4-5 yrs with out touching motor, be mad putting china in it :)

go the 88 kit, my mate has done over 400 hrs on his and no problems with clutch or anything and it gets jumped almost everyday...

thanks guys ive just got a heap of redbaron and billetware stuff from oz50s rocked up today and ive allready placed another order to finish it off so im gonna put it together with the stock motor for a few weeks then ill probably look at the kamikaze 88cc kit. thats the one oz50s sell. i was trying to get everything at the same place to try and get looked after with price plus i really like redbaron gear and oz50s has been really good to deal with. i just want to go ride and not have to worry about fixn shit all the time.

Sik what Billetware and RedBaron Gear did you buy?

Your 50 looks nice and Clean by the way! Nice

A Lifan 110 wouldnt feel right in a Stock CRF. I would go the 88 Kit if I were you. Like the other guys have said it should be fine for a while! Plus if something happens it wouldnt be too bad haha....Good Old Honda ;)

spent a small fortune
billetware +3 swingarm
billetware cradle mount frame
redbaron hd rims
redbaron hd spokes
redbaron chaingaurd
redbaron gas cap
redbaron g2 forks
redbaron gripper seat
redbaron billet brake

got most of it just waiting for a rim and forks start building tommorrow when its done
ill put some photos up but im struggling abit with getting photos off my iphone they keep saying file too big?

bike stays in the lounge room thats why its so clean.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back