keep snapping clutch leavers!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad.R

Reaction score
whether I fall off over a jump, slide out on gum nuts, or just drop my bike i keep snapping clutch leavers. I do NOT want bark busters and have tried a few sorts of leavers but they just keep snapping. anyone got any help?

loosen the bolts on the handle bars a bit so the lever can twist a bit, so instead of snaping it will just twist

yes when you put them on your bars dont fully tighten your clutch perch bolt,have it so that if you drop it your clutch slides around the other side of the bars,trick i found from fmx(usualy works)also dont have your cable fully tight coz if you drop it bad enough ull snap that aswell

teflon plumbers tape wraped around bars underneath the lever perch , put the perch back on put some thread lock on them bolts and tighten it so it still has enough movement upwards and downwards but does not slide horizontaly on the bars then the clutch perch will slip up in a crash preventing leavers braking ,acts as a nylon bushing similar to what the factory guys run.Hope that helps

ive got them folding levers and havent snapped one yet, maybe give them a go. but the plumbers tape idea works well too

really good trick I learnt, drill a 2-4mm hole approx in the middle of the leaver going from front to back, so if you do crash you dont loose the hole leaver and arnt stranded in the middle of know where with no clutch, most people I;ve seen also ride with cut in half leavers, never snapped one of those not matter hard you face plant the ground!

cheers

nic

really good trick I learnt, drill a 2-4mm hole approx in the middle of the leaver going from front to back, so if you do crash you dont loose the hole leaver and arnt stranded in the middle of know where with no clutch, most people I;ve seen also ride with cut in half leavers, never snapped one of those not matter hard you face plant the ground!

cheers

nic

This is what I do to but Ive found that you can drill the hole nearly in the very end of the lever (about a cm and a half from the end) and it still works, though its probably a bit risky.

i use the teflon tape and havent snaped a leaver since also instead ov a hole cut about half way through it with a hacksaw looks cleaner and normaly provides a cleaner snap in the event of a crash hope that helps

best way is to loctite your bolts that way it still stays lose so when u do come off the flick straight up you. The reason i say loctite is so your bolts don't rattle out when u losen them off. Or the drilling is another way

lol ive only ever snapped one brake lever and thats it and i dont drill holes of loosen them or anything. but then again i dont stack it all that much

y dont you put tape around ya bars,drill a hole in ya lever,cut a line in ya lever and have ya levers loose that way ulol never brake your levers.but itl look like shit,i havnt snapoed 1 lever in over 6 motnhs but iv drop my kx a few times and all ig to is bar ends and have your levers set towards ya clamps more so only the bar ends hit the ground

ive got them folding levers and havent snapped one yet, maybe give them a go. but the plumbers tape idea works well too

I dunno if its just the ones on my bike, but i found them to be very week where the bolt goes thru the lever, and found it hard to bush mechanic it once it broke.
But yeah, the lossening idea works a treat

Latest posts

Back