Keihin PE-24 Genuine Replica carby kit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thump*140

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Sean01 was kind enough to link me this one a couple of weeks back, i was impressed initially by what was included in the kit for the price...

Kit included:

Keihin PE-24mm carby. (was advertised as a replica, but the box it came in was marked with "Genuine Honda Replacement Parts" stickers, tamper-evident stickers, Keihin serial numbers etc... I'm guessing Genuine Honda Replacement parts arent genuine after all??)

Red anodised Velocity stack, 2'' diameter.

Red anodised Posh 1/4 turn throttle (7/8)

Red anodised carby slide cap

Red anodised fuel filter

Red and Blue anodised throttle cable

360 degree polished 22mm manifold, with rubber manifold adaptor and gaskets.

Spare rubber manifold adaptor and bolts.

Pretty comprehensive really, especially when you consider i paid $103 AUD for the kit, with $27 AUD postage... (ok so the postage was kinda high, but still a cheap overall cost considering...)

How does it Fit??
Great!! 04 Thumpys have virtually nil room under the tank for carby upgrades... much like a CRF... they use a very specific manifold to run a Fakuni under there, so i was stoked to find that the rise, bend and added versatility of the 360 degree manifold adjustment allowed me to fit the carby in there cleanly without fouling anything...

How's the Quality??
Seems to be really good actually... for a china part (came from Thailand) that cost very little, i'm quite impressed with the quality of the carb, it's quite heavy, denoting a much denser grade of metal used in casting, the manifold is a tight solid fit on the block, and the grub screws on the angle adjustment get a good grip on the turning section of the manifold runner...
The only thing i found to be of poor quality, is the rubber manifold adaptor.. the rubber is quite soft, and prone to flexing easily, which creates air leaks on the manifold face... i got around this by using an extra gasket, and washers on the manifold adaptor bolts to "spread" the load so to speak, which has negated any flexing...

How does it Run??
Ok.. admittedly the extra air ports and stuff had me baffled initially.. they were clearly intake ports, but for what purpose, and which way were they meant to be routed?? One was clearly a choke intake port, the other was an air port, which it turns out can either be a port for oil injection when used on a smoker, or an extra air intake port to add to GY6 engines... After a heap of ****ing about, and the assistance of Sean01's suggestions, the ports were blocked off, the bike was kicked, fired straight away and settled to a steady idle. Win!!
So far the carb seems to offer a good performance increase over the 22mm Genuine Mikuni that the FYM110's came with, both in response, power and over-rev... It hasnt made as much of a gain up top as the 21mm OKO that i also tried, nor is it as snappy down low, but has a broader spread of power, which is going to be handy on a 110cc 3 spd auto...
Stock jetting was way off, but then how is a company meant to jet a carby, intended for a variety of capacities and applications... the jets werent marked, but the Keihin site tells me the stock jets are a #50 pilot and #113 or #130 main...
Knew from experience accurate jetting was closer to a #k36 pilot and #85-92 main for a 110... Uses FCR/OKO flatslide style pilots, and Keihin "Roundhead" mains...It's now running clean and crisp.

How Does it Look???
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but i reckon this kit looks ****ing awesome.. :D
So far it's received pretty good responses in the looks department...

Overall Impression:

For the price, this kit is really good, and for anyone looking to upgrade from a Fakuni 26mm, for something that works better, and has far more visual appeal, especially on a small bore motard, i can highly recommend this kit. Cost was minimal, it came with EVERYTHING, jetting was way off, but that was soon sorted, and it arrived very quickly...
8/10. Win.

26599-keihin-pe-24-genuine-replica-carby-kit1.jpg

26599-keihin-pe-24-genuine-replica-carby-kit2.jpg

yop ...the kit is awesome for the money...its a copy though(the "Honda" Partnr. you can´t find in the genuine catalog ;) ), the slide will give up on you in notime..no biggie , all Keihin parts will fit and you can get a hardcromed for 9$ everywhere....only gripe was the rubber manifold ...its rather weak and will crack pretty easy with vibration!!
Anyway ..its a very good carb solution for 88cc+R to 125cc engines:D

Here is the link: Monkey Xr Xsport Dax Replica PE24 Keihin Carburetor Kit bei eBay.de: Accessories (endet 28.02.10 20:35:57 MEZ)

Last edited:
i like that velocity stack but how well does it filter air

Very temping to get it over the 24mm oko flatty :/ looks the ****

thump stock jets are 115 main and 52 pilot, just wondering where did u get your jets from coz akunar jets are differant from the stock pe jets, but they still seem to do the job. the posh throttles are nice as for the price!!

^^^ got my pilot jets from my toolbox, as i have squillions of pilots for tuning OKO's, and they run the same pilot jets as Keihin/OKO/KOSO/PWK/FCR flatslides...
Akunar are sending me a bunch of mains to try out... i'll see how they fit once they arrive and i can do some testing on the dirt with it...

Byh0005, velocity stacks dont filter air, they funnel it... i'm still working on a few solutions to filtration that will be effective without starving the motor...

Mountain did you find a better rubber manifold adaptor? I've already tried an OKO one, bolt pattern is different..

^ ok my pilot is differant to the okos pilot, ive got the same one as an oko in it now seems to work tho. and akunar mains are alot differant! but still work im using them now, the mains from akunar are the same as the ones that are in the sheng way carbs (tb)

Regarding filtration, look into filter socks they use on rally cars that run twin webers for example.

Can always cut one down and zip tie it onto the velocity stack ;)

Last edited:
thump stock jets are 115 main and 52 pilot, just wondering where did u get your jets from coz akunar jets are differant from the stock pe jets, but they still seem to do the job. the posh throttles are nice as for the price!!

^ ok my pilot is differant to the okos pilot, ive got the same one as an oko in it now seems to work tho. and akunar mains are alot differant! but still work im using them now, the mains from akunar are the same as the ones that are in the sheng way carbs (tb)

mate post some pics of your main and pilot jets...
find it hard to believe that they are different.
99% keihin type carbs run same pilots jets..

but i am interested in seeing wats so different about the akunar main jets..should be small round mainjets not hex jets.

the pilot on the right is a true keihin pilot jet
pilot on the left i have never seen before.. wat did it come out of?

the left main jet is for pwk series carbs and should be used in a PE carb
the main on the right is for most other keihin carbs including PE series..

**edit**

check here, tht pilot isnt mentioned anywhere
Keihin Carburetor Jets Keihin Jets

ok,pilot on the left came out of my genuine pe 24 was brand new never played with aswell..

that link i posted above isnt the best at showing the jets for certain carbs... now it shows hex jets for pe carbs but i think it only applies to 34mm and higher pe carbs

having a look now thru all the jet info i can find and still havent seen a pilot like that

hmmm its got the keihin logo on it soo should find it somewhere lol. wonder if thumps pilot is like it?

Last edited:
Nah, Thumps pilot is the same as the PWK/OKO/FCR/Keihin jet... same as the pilot of yours on the right...
Main jet is the same as the one on the right as well, small roundhead... not the hex head...

yeah that s very odd that the rest of the sites dont list this strange pilot...
you d think tht cause its a 1 off pilot they would list it, or maybe they know that the standard ones are interchangeable..

oh well i can lock tht pilot into the mental book of crap now lol... if i ever see one ill know what its out of..

so im guessing your PE24 came with hex main jets too..
theres a few different versions of the PE carb out here these days both genuine and copy so you can never really know what ya getting till ya split it open...

anyways thump ya might wanna move all this babble to a different carb thread...
didnt mean to hijack it bro

the pilot on the right is a true keihin pilot jet
pilot on the left i have never seen before.. wat did it come out of?

the left main jet is for pwk series carbs and should be used in a PE carb
the main on the right is for most other keihin carbs including PE series..

**edit**

check here, tht pilot isnt mentioned anywhere
Keihin Carburetor Jets Keihin Jets

the one on the left is for a true pe28

Latest posts

Back