Kick start problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get the key, the key usually overrides the kill switch so you mite have to bypass the key for it to spark!

then why did you say something bout a key in the first place?

have you tried roll start and have you checked the spark plugs firing?

gear 1 is useless for roll starting, try 2nd and 3rd!
remove the spark plug and hold it against the metal of the engine with the spark plug lead attached then get some one to kick the bike over...look for a blue ark!

my bad, do you have any other engines in something sitting around? eg lawnmower, whipper snipper? if so do the same thing as i described above but with ur spark plug

ok, if you take the lil cover off of the magneto, and put a socket on the nut, can you turn the engine over?

if not, put it on the side of the road and wash your hands before you get them too much dirtier:)

now, take off the clutch cover and INSPECT the gears... do they look like gears anymore? or are there foreign objects stuck in the teeth, etc etc etc?

your ignition/cdi doesnt need a battery, and the kill switch is just a wire that gets shorted to earth, the frame, to kill the spark.

try getting a car battery, put the slut in neutral:eek: and with a jumper lead, connect negative to your frame, and touch the positive(red) to the stud on the starter motor...turn over? good. check spark now.

you now need a relay/solenoid between your battery and the starter motor. this takes the high current that almost welded your jumper lead to the stud in previous step.

then your starter button is simply a low current switch to complete the circuit for activating the relay. pick one of its two little wires. one goes to the frame. the other goes to your starter switch. the other side of your starter switch then goes to your batteries positive.

press the button, relay engages, starter turns, and if your kill switch is in the run position, you should get a spark.

this all being well, add some fuel and it should start.

anything else? if its been in the rain....drain and check your oil...

and the carbie:) and the tank....

i can also translate into chinglish if that makes it any easier:)

well i suggest you replace the spark plug then see what happends...

ok, if you take the lil cover off of the magneto, and put a socket on the nut, can you turn the engine over?

if not, put it on the side of the road and wash your hands before you get them too much dirtier:)

now, take off the clutch cover and INSPECT the gears... do they look like gears anymore? or are there foreign objects stuck in the teeth, etc etc etc?

your ignition/cdi doesnt need a battery, and the kill switch is just a wire that gets shorted to earth, the frame, to kill the spark.

try getting a car battery, put the slut in neutral:eek: and with a jumper lead, connect negative to your frame, and touch the positive(red) to the stud on the starter motor...turn over? good. check spark now.

you now need a relay/solenoid between your battery and the starter motor. this takes the high current that almost welded your jumper lead to the stud in previous step.

then your starter button is simply a low current switch to complete the circuit for activating the relay. pick one of its two little wires. one goes to the frame. the other goes to your starter switch. the other side of your starter switch then goes to your batteries positive.

press the button, relay engages, starter turns, and if your kill switch is in the run position, you should get a spark.

this all being well, add some fuel and it should start.

anything else? if its been in the rain....drain and check your oil...

and the carbie:) and the tank....

i can also translate into chinglish if that makes it any easier:)

it dont have a starter motor?

Latest posts

Back