kick start problem??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShayneBermudez

Reaction score
Hi I have a 140cc thumpstar with a 140cc krp engine I went to go kick it over one night and the kick start wong budge it solid like a rock. I was thinking I might have broken the rod or siezed the engine . I have a feeling my engine is toasted so I'm probably gonna rebuild it but I was wonder if anyone new and good rebuild kits for aboit 125 bucks

$125.. not sure pull it apart.. head off and inspect the head that will give you a idea if it died from starvation of oil..
you can get a new bore and piston from akunar for 150 but maybe you can get away with it..
it could be a issue with the bottom end or just a kickstar gear blocking the primary drive after it went boom
krp engine does not mean anything to me.. its either a yx or a lifan
post a pic i will id it

I pulled off my head I bent my connecting rod and I riped my piston into pieces . Also it looks like my valves aren't fully opening so that explains why i wasent getting bottom end power should I replace my valvee spring or just adjust the one I have ?

ouch !
so it sounds like it is a time for a new engine....

are you Chris's friend with the Thumpstar 140?

damn dude, that must suck. you certainly have my sympathy, i know what its like to have no bike...
if i were you mate, i would just go ahead and bite the bullet and get a new engine. its not worth all the trouble of a rebuild. also you have to take the gamble that the bottom end will not need doing. if you wanna stay 140, the 140 lifans are pretty good, so are the yx's. if you wanna go bigger, get the 190 anima!!!!
but i wouldnt blame you if you said there out of ur price range, i mean there out of mine aswell ;) the 160zho is a decent engine, quick and fairly strong. its all up to you, there are countless things you could do your current situation. just do some research and do what you thinks best :)

just a thought instead of gettin a 140 get the gpx hi comp 125 engine it rips and would out perform your old engine by far and for 400 bucks i doubt theres a better bang 4 ya buck donk out there

I was planning on taking off and inspecting the bottom end today if it looks bad ill but a new one but if its fine I wanna try a nd pick up a forged piston and new connecting rod but the problem is I can't find a website that sells a piston and connecting rod for a yx140 any suggestions

yeah splitting cases isnt fun man.. id just pony up $400 an go with the gpx hi comp engine

ahh this is me craig.. piranha 140's are just great motors for the money. We brought his bike to my house and i ripped the head and the whole thing off.. im thinking new motor..
null_zps4f010dee.jpg

null_zpsb4b2ee61.jpg

null_zpsa359e4dc.jpg

dude i wouldnt even bother with anything of that engine seeing that piston is so shredded im guessing the gear box has many many bits an peices in it to so i would just go a whole new motor.. an imo you cant go past a 155Z... beast of a engine an had very few probs with mine

Latest posts

Back