kicker ramp

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimp

Reaction score
g'day guys,
im wanting to build a small kicker ramp for the back yard
how do i go about doing this?
i have no idea what to do and any tips/ramp plans would be greatly appreciated
its gonna be a flat landing one so i want it to be as high as it can with a flat landing

cheers,
alex

you really do need a downy man. even if it was a pallet on some bricks to make a slope.

oh ok
just as long as i can move the two its all good
but i dont have a maor amount of room, probably have enough room for like a 1.5 metre gap
any ideas?

im pretty sure the idea of a kicker ramp is to get height, so you have to think to yourself "hmmm whats the highest i would feel comfortable dropping from onto flat ground" and i dont know about you but for me its not very high!

so theres not really much point (unless you have balls the size of footballs and that would make for an even more uncomfortable landing!)

here the ramp i made and the plans i used

Attachments

• brads_freestyle_ramp3.jpg
    brads_freestyle_ramp3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 80
  • my ramp.jpg
    my ramp.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 74
thats a nice ramp but wouldnt wanna flat land it, got any pics of you hitting it?

How do feel about drinking out of a straw for a few years? You NEED a downy otherwise you or your bike will fold in half when launching of a ramp. Just get a few shovels and a few mates and get diggin

alright awesome, well i want one as big as i can and i will have a down ramp
i want it like a meter high, what sort of air rekon i can get?

big air! lol, but i recon that is waay too big for a flatty, my bike brok about a few weeks ago from doing flats in my yard, but its good that youve gone with the downie.

haha
yeah i prefer to live
what gear/revs do you guys hit small ramps with?
just want to make sure i have enough room in my backyard to have one

ah k
i spose i will be able to change the distance between the kicker and downy
whats the average width of a kicker/downy?

aw wat i did was just put the ramp right up next to the downy and just get used to the feel off u jumping it them move it back
i had it set up to about 25ft busting big no footer cans but then i sold my bike and the ramp
and buying a new bike in a couple of days and gonna build a new ramp
so ill post pics of me hitting it and my new bike

thanks for the advice
really excited about the ramp
i really wanna get into freestyle so im strating off small, never hit a ramp before

aw np
just bulid some dirt table tops and doubles before u go jumping ramps man
and wat bike u got?

ah k
i spose i will be able to change the distance between the kicker and downy
whats the average width of a kicker/downy?

Sorta like askin how long is a piece of string if ya no what I mean ...i.e as long as you make it .

Start with a small 1m gap n work ya way out as ya confidence builds :cool:

if you've only got room for a 1.5m gap you'll get bored with it really quickly. dont you have anywhere else with a bit more space? like council reserve or just random bush wiht some clearings? and a good source of dirt for jumps is builders and excavators. you get it for free cause otherwise they have to take it to the tip and pay to dump it. if ur guna get it delivered and you wont be there make sure you have signs, i didnt one time and was soo cut where he put it, but we got my gf's dad to bring home an excavator from work as he works for the council and fix it up for us. youd be looking at like 5 square metres of dirt to start off with. boxing the upramp is a good way to save on dirt. i get star pickets and put them in where i want them then get play and put it up against them so three sides are vertical ply then just the upramp bit where you ride is able to fall and wash away.

yeah, i went and had a look at my yard yesterday with measurements and i can have a much bigger gap than 1.5m
i have an MSO 140s
my folks aren't letting me put dirt on the lawn so im sticking with ramps plus then its easyer for me to move them.
i live in the south east suburbs in victoria.
not sure if i can take the ramps there and not get in shit with the cops

how do you get the angle on the ramp right?
just draw it on myself or what?

Latest posts

Back