KLX Style Frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DHZ/pitster pro can get you x4r frame pretty cheap, when I called about it they had only the frame without subframe, but you could find a subframe pretty easy

Where are you going to find a Pitster subframe if Pitster OZ can't sell you one ? ... LOL ... Buy one from the US and get shafted on postage ? ...

You'd think Pitster OZ would be selling complete frames including LXR frames by now ... What if you own a new Pitster and the frame snaps or bends ? ... You'd be up sh*t creek without a paddle ...

Decent quality KLX or TTR style frames are definitely hard to find on ebay at least ... If Pitster can't supply a complete frame ... then maybe Motovert or someone else can ...

I managed to get hold of a Pimpit non cradle KLX frame a while back but they're not too fantastic ... The top rear shock mount was welded on off centre and the subframe is welded in place ...

I've noticed that a lot of frames sold cheap on ebay are factory seconds ... So you're better off buying from a reputable shop ... and paying a decent price for a good one that was put together by a worker who can see straight ... and use a welder properly ...

^^^ lol yea that's the stuff dreams are made of

Just looking at the subframe, between the mototvert pro the x4r and the pitpro 140xr, they all look the same, I didn't get the chance to measure it up but it's a possibility. Buying a motovert frame would be just as good I guess but the price would not be worth going by the rest of the motovert spare parts prices.
$50 for a subframe from pitster us, then lets say $20 for postage, would make the x4r frame from DHZ plus subframe from US around $250.

hey pnisher you would be better off going through bbr motorsports directly

Q: Hi Can you tell me the cost of shipping to Australia, post code 7250. Thanks Dec-10-09
A: Well the package is too big for USPS. UPS is telling me that a 58lb box with dimensions of 44x24x16 will cost $722.99 USD and it will be there in 7 days. This was the cheapest service they offer. If you can find a better rate for this package size and weight from USA zip code 91784 please let me know and i will look into that method for you. Thanks for your inquiry Matt

Q: Does each frame come supplied with a free jar of Vaso ? ... To help the notes slip out of my grip ...
UPS are rip offs ... $780 AUD postage for that frame ... You'd be better off getting him to send it over in 3 separate parcels ... via USPS ...

I've been buying regularly from the US for the past 6 years ... You might THINK the postage should be cheap but reality says otherwise ... It all depends on the seller ... if they'll send via standard air uninsured then it might be cheap ... But most want to send via USPS Priority Mail or higher if you want it insured ...

I once emailed SGR about their SGR shock covers ... They were $15 each plus $8 postage to OZ ... So I asked him what the postage would be for 3 and he replied ... $24.00 ... He still has those 3 shock covers ...

Has anyone ever come across any plans/drawings with BBR frame geometries on it ?
Im guessing the Genuine BBR would be protected by a copyright patent, so to keep it legal any frame along the same lines would have to be changed by at least 10%.

The frames that Braaap use are a bit of a take on a BBR frame I would say.

its good to hear u getting keep us posted of the build

IMG_1755.jpg

Heres the bike as it stands now. Just waiting on the frame.
Might look at upgrading to the new Yamaha style plastics aswell.

Last edited:
nice bike man only thing wrong with it is the sticker kit. is it a custom build?

Beleive it or not, its a $1250 'Ebay' bike.:p
Well, they were advertised on ebay, I bought mine direct from PIMPIT - Home (About 12 months ago)

IMG_1776.jpg

Last edited:
Got the frame today. Will spend a bit of time smoothing out the machine marks and polishing.
Once polished, will probably seal it with some 2 pac clear.

Nice bike mate .

If you were referring to the ttr110 style plastics . they are not a bolt on fit .

But anything is possible . just letting ya no .

Latest posts

Back