KLX110 "DOING UP" Help!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomy251

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Im pretty new to this site!

I own a 2004 Kawasaki KLX110 which is completely stock and was wondering if..."anyone" can help me out with what parts/mods I should buy for it so I can get it jumping!!!

I was thinking bars, fork & shock springs (as Im fairly light...about 55kgs), Carbi, airfilter, sprockets...???

Haha Im new to the whole "DOING UP" Minibikes so if anyone can just tell me the basics needed for jumping "ramps" it would be much appreciated.

And if you could also tell me the website or shop where I can get these parts fairly cheap would also help me out heaps!!!

Anyways,
Cheers! ;)

pm wogtaz mate he'll point you in the right direction.......and welcome to minirider's :D

Nice choice of weapon straight off the bat mate most we see on here buy a 500 ebay special and wonder why it breaks in a week ... someone will be along to sort ya soon but I think you are on the right track.

Well done mate and welcome you won't regret gettin into these things ...... If ya can't have fun on one of these things I can't help ya :D

Nice choice of weapon straight off the bat mate most we see on here buy a 500 ebay special and wonder why it breaks in a week ... someone will be along to sort ya soon but I think you are on the right track.

Well done mate and welcome you won't regret gettin into these things ...... If ya can't have fun on one of these things I can't help ya :D

Haha yeah well my KLX was my first bike and Ive still had it. Ive owned it since new for about 4 years now and still going strong!!!:D

Yeah I dont know why some people go out and buy Chinese crap and then complain about it...Japanese quality all the way!!!

Yeah well Im thinking of getting bars, stiffer springs front & back, footpegs & pegmount and a new airfilter...that will surely get me started in the miniFMX world!

Ill try and post up some pics of my bike during the process.

Cheers for all the kind words!!!:)

All good mate but I do ride a chinga .... I just ride a good one ;)

By the way a mate of mine called "critta" mooved down there a few years back , he rides mini's too

thought ya might know him ....he's hard too miss:D

Might get down there soon for a few waves and a couple of flat head :cool:

All good mate but I do ride a chinga .... I just ride a good one ;)

By the way a mate of mine called "critta" mooved down there a few years back , he rides mini's too

thought ya might know him ....he's hard too miss:D

Might get down there soon for a few waves and a couple of flat head :cool:

Ahh yeah, soory mate...I meant the $500 ones you can get from Ebay...haha

"Critta"??? What his real name???

Yeah Bermi is a nice peaceful place hey...just there arent many places to ride...haha except for one place I know of which is sweet...MASSIVE MX TRACK!

No wuckas mate unfortunately there are more sh@t chingas than good ones .My mates name is Chris , but everyone calls him critta he has or had a custom yellow impala.Another mate of mine down there is Stuey Longhurst ....he's a surfin instructor

No wuckas mate unfortunately there are more sh@t chingas than good ones .My mates name is Chris , but everyone calls him critta he has or had a custom yellow impala.Another mate of mine down there is Stuey Longhurst ....he's a surfin instructor

Ahh yeah...na I dont no them.

Anyways,
Ive been thinking today...should I sell my KLX to get a Pitsterpro X4 or X4R...or a 09 Motovert Pro...of course I would only buy a new bike...

OR...should I keep my KLX and just spend about $600 to do it up so I can start riding well on it??? I want to try and start MINI racing hopefully this year and most likely in the stock class if I was to keep the KLX.

Little confused here...haha are Pisterpros and Motoverts any good compared to the KLX???

Okay...Ive made up my mind.

Im keeping my KLX and should hopefully by next weekend have some NEW parts ordered!!!

For now I am thinking of getting for the old Kawa...:

=NEW GENUINE KAWASAKI 4 SPEED SHIFT DRUM (from THAILAND)

=NEW GENUINE KAWASAKI OUTPUT SHAFT (from THAILAND)

=NEW TWO BROTHERS RACING AGGRESSIVE FRONT FORK SPRINGS (from USA)

=NEW TWO BROTHERS RACING AGGRESSIVE SHOCK SPRING (from USA)

Does this sound good...your advice would be much appreciated to help me out as this will be the first time for me doing this kind of stuff!!!haha

Sounds good mate these are all good mods I reckon .... Yeah there are some good chinas but I'd stay on the klx for sure mate it'll only get better.Engine wise there's more ya can do I think TAGAWA make a killer 124cc head and TJ has a klx160 PAXracing did for him .... up to you how far ya wanna push it n what class ya wanna run I guess.

good luck

good to see you took my advice and went with the stuff i found for ya the bike will be awsome just with those few mods thats wat i wana do get a klx

output shaft isnt needed till your reaching probly 143cc+ neither is 4th gear , my 3rd gear is faster then a 140cc china flat in 4th.
and definately wont be needed if your racing mini tracks 3rd is plenty
not to mention the labour cost to put the 4th gear in..

mine is a 134cc stock head/carby and it rips for what it is.

try and find some kx60 forks at a bike wreckers they slip straight into stock clamps.

and for bars go xr50 pro tapers.

just buy what you think u need first.

damoo.

output shaft isnt needed till your reaching probly 143cc+ neither is 4th gear , my 3rd gear is faster then a 140cc china flat in 4th.
and definately wont be needed if your racing mini tracks 3rd is plenty
not to mention the labour cost to put the 4th gear in..

mine is a 134cc stock head/carby and it rips for what it is.

try and find some kx60 forks at a bike wreckers they slip straight into stock clamps.

and for bars go xr50 pro tapers.

just buy what you think u need first.

damoo.

Okay thanks heaps Damo!

Yeah well what I want to do is to setup my Kawa so that its good enough to race for my weight...only about 60kgs with riding gear...and so that it handles ramps and bigger jumps!

So output shaft and 4th gear would not be needed for what I intend to do with it???

Also what are the rules for having a bike to compete in the stock class???
Im new to Mini Racing so...what class would my bike be in...STOCK 14"s???

Oh and...would I need a new Carby??? Can you give me some more advice for this???

Cheers!

Geez...I dont know. :confused:

Should I instead buy a NEW Motovert Pro or to keep my Kawa and spend $100 or so to get it going alright???

All I want to do with it is get into Mini FMX and also enter a few races..!

What should I do...upgrade or keep???

Please point me to the right direction!

Thanks ;)

Geez...I dont know. :confused:

Should I instead buy a NEW Motovert Pro or to keep my Kawa and spend $100 or so to get it going alright???

All I want to do with it is get into Mini FMX and also enter a few races..!

What should I do...upgrade or keep???

Please point me to the right direction!

Thanks ;)

Motoverts are awesome bikes mate, but they ain't no KLX!! Definitely keep it for sure. With those mods you have got listed, it will rip and hit the ramps sweet as. The KLX is what a lot of guys use to practice tricks before trying them on the big bike. ;)

Plus you will feel more satisfaction from building it up and seeing how sweet it is when your ride it afterwards. That's if you have the time.

Yep! Im definently keeping it!!!

Hopefully start ordering parts next week...just got to get my PayPal account sorted...hehe

Cheers fellas!

Okay thanks heaps Damo!

Yeah well what I want to do is to setup my Kawa so that its good enough to race for my weight...only about 60kgs with riding gear...and so that it handles ramps and bigger jumps!

So output shaft and 4th gear would not be needed for what I intend to do with it???

Also what are the rules for having a bike to compete in the stock class???
Im new to Mini Racing so...what class would my bike be in...STOCK 14"s???

Oh and...would I need a new Carby??? Can you give me some more advice for this???

Cheers!

if your keeping the engine stock , output shaft , 4th gear and Carby arnt really needed. i really suggest trying to find some kx60 forks not kx65 (kx65 u will need to mod the clamps and buy a hole set of triple clamps which i think are about $350+ :S) , they have about double the travel compared to stock! , and also cheap swingarm solution is to have someone cut and lengthen the back of it seen it done a few times., im getting that done off a mate soonish , better then spending 550+ for a swingarmm!

ive been quite busy lately ill give ya some more info in a couple days.

+3 swinga, kx60 forks with hd, springs fox float, tall seat, bars, pegs/mount, gear shifter, manual clutch, hd clutch springs, mite cost a fair bit but be well worth it

Latest posts

Back