KLX110 Vs CRF70

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMAINC

Reaction score
Wats everyones opinion on which bike to build Into an outlaw??

Whos doin what!

klx kills crf

i have ridden both these bikes the klx is a lot more potent,acceleration, handling, top end all alot stronger than the crf which seems to struggle a bit with me on it i only weigh 75 kgs, build quality is a bit better too
the klx would make a tough outlaw
just my 2 cents worth

Thats 2 cents worth? CRF is still made in Japan and doesn't brake a gearbox everytime you try to kick start it. Did anyone see what Andrew Reardon throw his pile of Taiwanese rubbish on the ground when he couldn't start it at the Nats? I did. To put that sort of power through anything other than a Japanese gearbox is crazy and asking for trouble. Some Super engine builders swear by these KLX's but You need to remove the kicker so the gearbox doesn't break. Where is the fun in having to bumpstart your pride and joy everytimr you stack it. I will say this once. CRF is the righ package. Did you see mine at the nats?

Thats 2 cents worth? CRF is still made in Japan and doesn't brake a gearbox everytime you try to kick start it. Did anyone see what Andrew Reardon throw his pile of Taiwanese rubbish on the ground when he couldn't start it at the Nats? I did. To put that sort of power through anything other than a Japanese gearbox is crazy and asking for trouble. Some Super engine builders swear by these KLX's but You need to remove the kicker so the gearbox doesn't break. Where is the fun in having to bumpstart your pride and joy everytimr you stack it. I will say this once. CRF is the righ package. Did you see mine at the nats?

cant say i did, i dont take much notice of lapped traffic lol:D

Hey dude are you calling me lapped traffic or Reardon on the KLX?

nah man, just jap mini bikes in general, i think there overpriced and not much better if any than a good modded chinease bike. my mates have modded crf 70s and klxs and my bike eats them both, the klx has a takegawa 125 which cost like 2 and a half times the price i paid for my bike with bore from 125 to 140cc big cam etc the big $$ japs are no show for a 1\4 of the price ,

Are you pullin yourself or what. NO china would even come close to a Honda with even an 88 kit in it. Maybe your mate was stuck in 1st gear dude.

Are you pullin yourself or what. NO china would even come close to a Honda with even an 88 kit in it. Maybe your mate was stuck in 1st gear dude.
pullin myself haha i broke my wrist riding my ktm 450 2 days ago:mad: my lifan 140 big bore will flog any jap mini hands down no shit all my mates are spewin they wasted there dough on hondas etc you would have to spend 4 or 5 grand or more on a jap to get the same perfomance:eek:

125 Takegawa Would Eat your 140 Lifan For Brekky. :)

But. I have Seen stock 125's Beat Stock 88's With just the 88 Kit.

But even Your 140 Dude. Which i guess is the Lifan 138 Which doesnt even work out to 138cc Is stock. Which will be what maybe 10-11Horseys. Takegawa Will/Would EAT It.

125 Takegawa Would Eat your 140 Lifan For Brekky. :)

But. I have Seen stock 125's Beat Stock 88's With just the 88 Kit.

But even Your 140 Dude. Which i guess is the Lifan 138 Which doesnt even work out to 138cc Is stock. Which will be what maybe 10-11Horseys. Takegawa Will/Would EAT It.

stroked 125:) , not an ebay 138 this baby has the goods,titanium race cam, crank etc wiseco piston, big valves, heaps of takegawa & kitaco stuff;) i could go on, but my point being bang for buck , my bike cost $1000 from mso, engine transplant to all up gear box $300
power upgrades $1200 +
billet frame,hubs etc ?
= $2500 to 3000
heaps cheaper than most big name minis,
i trail ride sometimes with my brother inlaw on a ttr 250 and hes amazed he cant shake me off , i ride on his back wheel all day long through some crazy trails but on the flat straight stuff i run out of gear and his gone
will post pics when my wife comes back from holiday with the camera

Last edited:
oh so you have tipped a heap into buying all the stuff that ya mate probably has but you have more cubes. You my freind ARE pulling yourself. It aint no stock 140 china its a dirty half breed. And I have never in twenty years if bikes and car motors seen a Titanium race cam. They are steel. Pulin yourself

oh so you have tipped a heap into buying all the stuff that ya mate probably has but you have more cubes. You my freind ARE pulling yourself. It aint no stock 140 china its a dirty half breed. And I have never in twenty years if bikes and car motors seen a Titanium race cam. They are steel. Pulin yourself

oh my bad titanium composite my old mans a machenist and my brother in law builds race bikes for a living, the only reason i bought a china pitty was i didnt want to sell my cr 250 to buy and mod a crf or thumpstar etc
after all pitty racing is for fun:D the big bikes are where the serious stuff is

AS for the 140cc from ebay, good luck
nah man not an ebay 138, 125 cc lifan stroked and bore'd to 140 cc by a top hp engine builder.
why bother with titanium cam, crank etc, strength, light weight , with a 4 stroke anything that helps it spin harder is a gain (inner rotor etc.), anyway i only pay for parts\ materials at cost price, not labour. so why not

Last edited:
gee I didn't know titanium was light.Thanks for telling me WES. I must be dumb when it comes to mechanics I've only been doing it for twenty years. How long you been a mechanic for WES.

where abouts in the state do you ride thumper?
i'll come see if it's all you say it is...

Hey Thumper if thats all you say it is then good sh-- man. All the go for more horthpower. Maybe you could make it to the mainland and show us all one day. Sweeeet

where abouts in the state do you ride thumper?
i'll come see if it's all you say it is...

when my broken wrist heals, pm me dude. if your close by i'll hook u up with a lap or 2;)
its going to be a while before i can pull a clutch again:mad: :mad:

hey boxy reardons bike bike didnt break the gearbox. the rubber couplings in the rear wheel went soft over time from the power of it, and tweaked the back sprocket and jammed the chain. just shows u gotta up grade alot more than ur engine. but yeh bumpin them sucks.i personally think they are a good free ride bike as long as u dont kick start them. some ppl have no trouble kicking them all day long and dont break anything. soon there will be a fix for that

Latest posts

Back