KLX110L or Pitsterpro lxr

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to my local kawasaki dealer today and had a look at the klx110L and decided that im going to get that and customise it a bit.

Thats a 10k+++ bike ... spend that on any bike its gonna be a weapon.

Ty if we had tracks like that in Au... then fine they would be good , as i said a awesome backyard bike , but there is nothing in that last vid that cant be done on any other bike..

If your serious about the sport and have a duckload of money go the klx for sure ... but other then that , its gonna get left behind in anything you do... freestyle you need more travel for sure , and eventually more motor .. and same with racing around a half decent track just to clear the jumps ... trust me ive been through it ..

What about that fmx team that ride the stock crf50's??

now they are moving upto klx110L's... They were saying that they need to get use to more power and other things... KLX110 would be lighter than the lxr for sure?

Yer and whats the bet they will still be jumping 25ft gaps ... , any bigger stock shocks are gonna break your wrists over time , rear is gonna break your back .

Klx engines are far heavier then china engines to , and there frames are pretty beefy , i couldnt see there being to much difference. in weight

The point is , buy a klx for the quality , but be prepared to uprgrade the shocks which will be alot of $$$ on top of the purchase of the bike.....

"edit" .. then theres hd spokes that you will need , i snapped a couple of my stock ones ... , new pegmounts and pegs , and longer pegmount bolts atleast or better yet cradle mount coz you will be snapping the engine cases which will **** your day up and cost you a mint....

Last edited:
i think the suspension has been upgraded on the 2010 klx's though because the "L" is ment for pit bike riding and the normal is for kids.

The bike is overall 2" higher , that doesnt give it much more travel .

The shocks should be stiffer , but it still says suited for children as well ... so i duno.

Everything still applies with them , that will need to be replaced or broken (spokes/cradle etc).

Both bike would be great , but i would suggest going a second hand klx that has a few mods already done.

The new 110L are not much of a improvement if your gonna be modding them , but stock klx 110 vs new 110L they kick ass for sure if your gonna leave it like that..

what are some good klx110l upgrades and where can i get them online in aus

Heres a picture of a klx110l jumping that i found.

IMG_6113.jpg

Far faaar different then a lxr , same concept is about all , cant think of 1 part that would be the same on them. motor is 1 .. and maybe shock

What kind of upgrades would you be looking for the klx , thats one of the main reasons there expensive to mod , not much around in australia for them , will have to ship overseas most of the time which is pricey as hell.. and the doller just dropped like 10c so that will hurt things..

So what mods would you have in mind , and ill have a look around for things , but guarantee most of the things will be coming from overseas..

ok ive decided klx are to expensive so ill get a lxr and customise it. has any one got some pics of the lxr jumping an aussie comp ramp? Are big bore kits a good thing to get for the lxr and do they make the life span of the engine shorter?

the LXR is too freaking heavy for stunts...its a race bike...a very good one...if you want to risk your neck on a bike build it yourself(custom)

if i was you i would buy mitch_250 on here or one similar . you can get some good deals in usa if you bye in bulk. shipping in expenisve but still works out cheaper then buying for oz.

dude stop listening to everyone and just get whatever you want its you thats gonna be riding the bike.

Latest posts

Back