KX 65 VS Pitster pro X4R

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol and who is that credible information from ? and what where the circumstances ... gearing /weight on it etc etc..

put a 80kg rider on a 65 it will be a slug around a track

jesus christ, does anyone in this thread actually know what they're talking about????

i think i became stupider, and forgot some stuff i once knew just by reading it....

Where are my pokemons...

Well I am up for a new pit bike and just wanting to know what is faster a 150/175 pit bike or a kx 65 with an aftermarket pipe?

Also what would be the best with maintenance
define faster... straightline speed and acceleration, or quicker round a track?
straightline performance, both bikes would be about on par. HOWEVER. if you are a big fat ass, the pitbike with a 175 motor will probably outrun the KX, as a 65cc mxer is not reknowned for making huge amounts of torque... Jap suspension and brakes will outrun a china pittie any day, but a 175 is more than double the capacity, so will have an advantage in grunt, but perhaps not outright hp...
The Pit bike would probably win with a motor that big. Kx Would be better for maintenance as it's a jap bike=less maintenance.... But when it does need some attention expect to be digging deep as the jappers cost a hell of alot more.
Both bikes require a fair amount of maintenance. The kx will require more in the way of oil, top end rebuilds, reeds, and general maintenance. A properly set-up pitbike will require only regular maintenance, (oil changes, valves clearances etc) but will need far less in the way of top end rebuilds.
why not just buy a kx 80 or 85?
i know for a fact they kill any pitty on the dirt
Cause he didnt mention anything about a KX80 or 85..... why not buy an XR650. that's heaps fasterer than a kx65 or a 175 pitbike....
No way KX65 fo show, my friends little bro's kx 65 pumps our a tiny bit over 100kmh,and he isnt bull shitting either I've ridden beside him on a bike with a digital speedo
big deal. my 140 does over 120... top speed aint everything, and having all the speed in the world, isnt any good if it takes two weeks to get there....
how many times do you have to change the rings and how much do they cost
Depends on how much riding you do, what condition the motor is in initially, and whether you flog the guts out of it, or just cruise around. If you ride every few weekends, and dont flog it too much, you should get away with a set of rings every year... halve that if you ride a lot, and flog it...
so a 65 2 stroke wouldn't be that good
what about an 85 how many top end rebuilds and rings would that go through.
same as above..
85 don't go through many im riding a yz85 atm and it's great
hooray for you. how long have you had it? how many top end rebuilds have you done? what sort of riding do you do? Race it? trail ride it? not overly indicative of how many rebuilds per season..
it depend on what piston you use,I,e wiesco vs stock replacment
and also how hard you ride
actually it's the rings that will determine how often you need to rebuild the top end, what sort of oil you use, and what ratio you run the oil at....
2 smoker ftw... Pick up a nice yz85... If it's an adult riding, I would go big wheel.
if its an adult riding, buy an aeroplane.
Nah get a 125, with the right mods it'll eat 250 4 smokes for breakfast
Bullshit. rider makes more difference than the bike and mods.. 125 needs a hell of a lot of work before it will keep up with a 250 thumper...
well I don't thrash the crap out of my pit bike but I don't just put. I do some times hit the rev limiter sometimes so I ride pretty hard
hitting the rev limiter sometimes doesnt mean you ride hard...
bahahahahaahahaha trust me a two stroke can go past the rev limiter of a a four stroke
Really depends on alot of things ie oil/ratio,quility of oil used in mix,fuel quility,how well the bike is tuned
bournie have you been smoking crack? 250 fourstrokes rev in excess of 13500rpm... 125 two strokes do not.
as for pitbikes, yes a kx65 will rev slightly higher than a 175 pitbike. not by much, and look at engines like the Daytona 125... 13500rpm redline on that one...
dose any one know about the ban of 2 strokes in aus is it still gonna happen or have the dropped it
only if you live in california should you be worried about this one.... The Euros are still making and developing two strokes... Euro emissions are tighter than a fishes arsehole, so i wouldnt worry too much about two strokes being banned in aus anytime soon.
and the 65 will be faster, I'd like to see a X4R do 65mph
WikiAnswers - What is the top speed of a kawasaki kx65
(it wasn't me that asked lol I just googled it)

if it's in wiki, it must be true.... did kawasaki claim the top speed of a kx65 to be 100kph? i guess that must mean that when dirtmax claim their 160 motors put out 18hp, it must also be true..
Top speeds come down to gearing and weight the bike is pulling... not what wiki says...

My brain hurts now.

hooray for you. how long have you had it? how many top end rebuilds have you done? what sort of riding do you do? Race it? trail ride it? not overly indicative of how many rebuilds per season..

i have had it for who know's havnt happen to rebuild. i do bit of fmx mx anything and i ride it pretty hard never lets me down.

i have had it for who know's havnt had to rebuild. i do bit of fmx mx anything and i ride it pretty hard never lets me down.

Thump as you know many people including me respect your knowledge and experiance, I did mention that there are other factors that contribute to rebuild times, and my 125 red lines at 13,000 rpm :lock1:

A KX65 is a kids motocross bike, its set up to handle a small kid. The suspension would be way too soft, the clutch and top end would be under alot of stress with an adult on it too. Why not just forget the KX65 unless you're under 10 years old. Get an LXR!

:grinning-smiley-003 for digging up a 2010 thread

Yeah the worlds going to end cause an old thread is posted against.

Still a relevant subject I would have thought. ;)

Hmm righto .. The post was directed at the thread op and Id say the bloke made up his mind a few years back ... but its all good I'm sure its super relevant and the sky will fall on us all ! LOL jk

Hmm righto .. The post was directed at the thread op and Id say the bloke made up his mind a few years back ... but its all good I'm sure its super relevant and the sky will fall on us all ! LOL jk

You went further than me, you actually read the thread!! haha ;)

Man now days the anima 190 would beat a kx65 you would think? Maybe not an 85?

I'm opening a can of worms I know

You went further than me, you actually read the thread!! haha ;)

Man now days the anima 190 would beat a kx65 you would think? Maybe not an 85?

I'm opening a can of worms I know

HA HA lets get this fire burning again !! Ive got a 2006 kx 85 fresh rebuild and my 150 anima was quicker and against the 190 its got no chance in hell of ever touching it !

HA HA lets get this fire burning again !! Ive got a 2006 kx 85 fresh rebuild and my 150 anima was quicker and against the 190 its got no chance in hell of ever touching it !

I thought it would be a lot closer now days. The V2 with 184 kit was pretty damn close down low against my 250F let alone the anima 190.

Man China motors have come so far the last couple of years.

Yeah mate your not wrong ! I had a burn around on a mates 2005 kx250f last weekend and i gave it a hard time.

In my opinion my 190 has more power maybe not by a lot but enough to notice it anyway.

oh yeh defiantly the power to weight / size of the LXR anima combo is ridiculous

Its shown on youtube that a 155z 2v > Yz 85

So a 150 4v should **** stomp 85, hell i think a Z160ho + OKO Carby > Yz85

Yo nick

Do you think a 1904v can beat a 125 2 stroke or 4 stroke 250 ?

I give 5 years and pit bikes are going to take over Jap bikes

[video=youtube;tfGP442_Zic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfGP442_Zic[/video]

[video=youtube;KvQy_AO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvQy_AO**ak[/video]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back